Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crowd observations

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
I sat in the North Stand yesterday, for only the second time in 8 years, as I've got a South Stand season ticket on the half-way line. Given the foul weather, I was rather fortunate not to be sitting in my normal seat.

My random thoughts regarding the crowd yesterday are as follows:

I never realised that both wings of the South Stand were usually so sparsely populated. I had always thought that the singing section was always full. However, full credit to the singing section, who sung their hearts out throughout the game, whilst getting soaked.

Indeed, full credit to the whole crowd for creating what, from the North Stand, was a superb and noisy atmosphere. Incidentally, of all the South Stand blocks, block E was the most pumped up block yesterday.

I was surpised that, given the state of the game, so many people left their seats early, although admitedly most watched from the running track.

The family stand sounded quite quiet yesterday. Perhaps it sounds better from the South Stand.

From the players' reaction at the end, I think that they appreciated that the crowd played a part yesterday, which is rarely the case at Withdean

Whilst appreciating the roof yesterday, I much prefer the view from high up in the South Stand.

And lastly, when we want to, we can make quite a racket at Withdean.

SamSeagull

Mar 10, 2008
i dont understand why people leave early. ok i know some people wana get home quick but when were only 1-0 up against a team second in the league it dont get it.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
The family stand sounded quite quiet yesterday. Perhaps it sounds better from the South Stand.

I was sitting in the South Stand and all I heard from the Family Stand for the entire game was 5 year old kids going "oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....YOU'RE SHIT! AHHH" :clap2::lol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
E block was noisier than usual, it makes the game more enjoyable if you can participate.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
South stand block H makes me glad to support the Albion. Dave the Gaffer deserves all the credit, along with Stattos dad who is always good for a laugh.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I couldn't believe people were leaving the match early - it was perfectly conceivable Donny could have equalised late on, especially as there were 4 minutes of extra time.

How much time is really saved by leaving 5 minutes before the end? Apart from the fact the result was in the balance these people miss the sheer joy of the final whistle, the fist-pumping relief of 3 points wrestled from quality opposition.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I couldn't believe people were leaving the match early - it was perfectly conceivable Donny could have equalised late on, especially as there were 4 minutes of extra time.

How much time is really saved by leaving 5 minutes before the end?

Because of the difficulty of getting trains back to Canterbury (especially as there was engineering works), leaving 5 minutes earlier would have saved me over an hour.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I was in the toilet as Forster was taking the penalty, As usual missed the goal

BUT THE NOISE as i walked back past the whole of the south stand to the chant of ALBION was pure amazing.

Well done to the whole of the south stand who made an amazing noise as i walked from A through to J blocks as you made the hairs on the back of my neck stand right on end.

Well done all :thumbsup:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
South stand block H makes me glad to support the Albion. Dave the Gaffer deserves all the credit, along with Stattos dad who is always good for a laugh.

No, no, no. According to Nsc - H block is full of goons and morons. You're not allowed to say anything complimentary about it.
:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here