Votes: 49 46.7%

• Total voters

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
which one would you rather have?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I always liked Crofts' graft, hard work and ability to score an important goal for us. But I always thought his job in the team wasn't dissimilar to that of Dicker or Navarro and I don't think our team will lose anything for losing Crofts. I would rather Hendrie, because he offers more in attack which I think we desperately need.

He was a superb captain for us and a fantastic servant this season, but I think Crofts was surpless to requirements for next season, with both Navarro and Dicker here. Brilliant business to sell him for such a healthy profit, and all the best in the future, mr Crofts.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Anyone that says Hendrie probably didn't see all his games for us and is remembering yesteryear at Villa

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Its all rather irrelevant, seeing as Crofts is no longer an option.

depends if it was a case of sell crofts and use the money to buy hendrie, or keep crofts and don't sign hendrie

all hypothetical of course, but then gus would have had the choice between the two...

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I agree with Ninja here, I liked his effort and his occasional goal but he isn't that good a midfielder, i'd be perfectly happy if our midfield next season was Hendrie/Dicker/Navarro, but I think at least one of those 3 will be replaced by someone better

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Anyone that says Hendrie probably didn't see all his games for us and is remembering yesteryear at Villa

I disagree as I think that he has shown his class albeit in short periods but am sure that he will once again show his class and ability if he has a full pre season training behind him.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
admittedly i didnt see him much of hendrie, but that one piece of skill whereby he set up the second against southampton was enough to convince me he is worth taking

crofts is, to my mind, a good league one midfielder. that means he can be replaced. get hendrie fit though, and he would be class in the championship

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Hendrie will benefit from a pre-season and regularly playing (hopefully for us).

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Completely different players, one is based on energy and box to box play the other is a tricky little player but not box to box player

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Crofts - he will last 90 minutes.

Hendrie obviously has more talent, but he's not going to play 90 minutes during 50 games throughout a season

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I would be interested to see how good Hendrie is after he has had a full pre season and got match fit. However, I wouldn't be gutted if we didn't sign him as he didn't set the world alight while on loan, despite a few decent cameos.

SamSeagull

Mar 10, 2008
Hendrie has shown glimpses of real quality, up and above any of our other players. Troubles is that's all they've been, glimpses.
what he said. when he came on against carlisle at home he looked above anyone else on the pitch. only thing was it didnt last long. hes only 32 so not past it yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports