Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Croatia - Dubrovnik

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Looking into a weeks break at the end of Septmeber and potentially Dubrovnik, looks a good mix of beach, sun and culture anyone been? and any advice opinions on the place?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Went in May a couple of years ago, loved the place. I would advise you to spend a couple of nights in Dubrovnik and stay somewhere within the city walls and then the rest of your stay either on one of the islands off the coast or one of the resorts south of Dubrovnik or into Montenegro.

We hired a car and went into Bosnia, Mostar is a lovely town about 90 minutes drive from Dubrovnik. We also stayed a couple of nights in Dubrovnik but outside of the city walls which wasn't that great as the beach was shingle and it wasn't in walking distance of the centre.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
rent an apartment in the city walls....just ask about the shops n restaurants....cheap and well nice.

then as above, go up to hvar.

a good trip :)

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Agree with above: a couple of days is fine: go to the abandoned cable car station looking down on Dubrovnik: creepy graffiti from the Serbian soldiers who used to sit up there sending mortars down.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I've just booked 4 days on the Dalmatian coast, and know nothing about it. Is it nice?

RuudvanCalderon

Dec 20, 2010
My girlfriend and I stayed there for three nights last October and can highly recommend it. Like others have said, three nights will be about enough. We really enjoyed some of the coastal walks you can do, we also took the cable car up to the top of the hill and then walked back down, it took a while but the views were worth it! We also found the Croatian people to be very warm and friendly.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Went for a week a few years ago - loved it. Beutiful scenary, loads of trips you can do. Not great beaches but you dont need them. Wanna go back some time. Do trip to Montenegro.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here