Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Criteria for an Albion Fan

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Your club chooses you. To me, if you're born in Sussex, Brighton is your team. If you want to support someone else, it may be possible, but you'll need a court order.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Your club chooses you. To me, if you're born in Sussex, Brighton is your team.

Or Crawley. Or Whitehawk. Or Eastbourne. Or Lewes.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Just interested in what other people think the criteria is to be an Albion fan .... Do you need to be born and bred in Brighton and Hove or is it enough that you love Brighton visit as often as you can and support the club at matches where possible buy merchandise and follow the live commentry on seagulls player ?

Just asking
None of the above.
Not born there
Don't visit
Don't attend games
Don't buy merchandise
Don't have player...

Why am I here?

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Should be born in sussex and live in sussex,too many outsiders on the band wagon tbh:moo:

That's a bit harsh, I was born in Brighton and spent the first 25 years of my life there but my job took me away. I still consider myself a keen Albion fan having worked at the Goldstone, seen matches at Withdean, numerous away grounds and the Amex.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
None of the above.
Not born there
Don't visit
Don't attend games
Don't buy merchandise
Don't have player...

Why am I here?

Ah! That perplexing self realisation and question that has driven so many into the arms of religion.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If you like cheese on toast, you're a fan of cheese on toast.

If you like Brighton & Hove Albion, you're a fan of Brighton & Hove Albion.

That simple.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Traditionally football is about place so being from Brighton is a good reason to support Brighton. Supporting a team just because you like their left-wing politics does makes you a cunt though.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
A deep seated loathing of everything "Sarf Landan" is good as is a sensible hatred of little boys with black hoodies that throw paper balls onto football pitches !!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
None of the above.
Not born there
Don't visit
Don't attend games
Don't buy merchandise
Don't have player...

Why am I here?

Because you a Brighton FAN.

NCBHA

Jan 31, 2011
Yet another topic started by someone trying to prove they are a better fan than anyone else! Think about your own actions and not others!!!! Tedious......boring....Zzzzzzzzzz

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
It's a mouse mat for me, got one of those then your in!

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
For me personally i was born and bred in redhill (unfortuante for me eh?) so was kind of inbetween supporting a team in London or down south.
Always used to go to Brighton with my parents when i was younger, sea life centre, palace pier & the lanes etc. And now in my mid twenties, going there for shopping/night life.
However my first ever football match was to see Crystal Palace (i think i was around 8-9) i dont know why palace because my family are either Chelsea or Arsenal fans, but anyway, the match was utter tosh and the ground was a dive, and subsequent games i went to was when wimbledon were still playing at selhurt and would garner about 3000 for a game. I.e no atmosphere at all.
I used (and still) love going to Brighton and i guess thats where my support for the team comes from. Alas because i was at university up north, and now because of my job that keeps me away from the area for alot of the year i have never seen Brighton at home, but i have seen them plenty of times at away games.
I guess that makes me less of a supporter, never being to the Goldstone/withdean/Amex, but personally i dont care. Ive seen our team in the blizzards of FC Manchester and Stockport and other grim cities in the North West.
But yeah, enough of drunken ramblings, I friggin love BHAFC!!!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Just interested in what other people think the criteria is to be an Albion fan .... Do you need to be born and bred in Brighton and Hove or is it enough that you love Brighton visit as often as you can and support the club at matches where possible buy merchandise and follow the live commentry on seagulls player ?

Just asking

according to some

you need to have been to the Goldstone and seen Wardy play
been a regular at Gillingham
season ticket holder at Withdean
attended the Hereford game
saw Nelson score at Brentford
luzzed something at opposing fans during the 80`s

if you cant tick all those boxes you are a JCL

ps the overlords that make these rules are sitting around the dining table and discussing how the Magna Carta will be impacting on their day to day life.

i hope that answers your question

are you single?

- - - Updated - - -

in conclusion everyone is welcome

do you have a sister?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here