Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Credit to Adkins

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
As much as I can't stand the guy to suggest it is anything other than his success is simply ridiculous

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Without question, fair play to him.

to be fair he's rarely stuck a foot wrong with Scunny and Southampton .... well except for the "keeping up" comment , which just fired up so = so really he hasn't stuck a foot wrong :p

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
He's a bit smug but Saints are on to a good thing there. A lot of Southampton fans don't like Poyet in the same way we dislike Adkins. It's because of the rivalry between us last season.

We're both clubs on the up with good managers. I still maintain Gus is significantly better as I think he's achieved more with less but Adkins has done a very tidy job and you can't really ask more of him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He did mainly have Pardew's squad, but he's done far more with them than Pardew ever did, you can't fault that. Nobody can suggest he's not a decent manager, even if he comes across as an arse at times.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
He is a top manager and the reason we're doing so well has to be down to our fitness. It's unreal compared to this time last year.

Also found this:

Southampton 4-1 Birmingham City | Championship match report | Football | The Guardian

"A 14th successive home victory ensured Southampton's best start to a season in 103 years and if Adkins hopes to improve his salary he could make a robust case – as with Sir Alex Ferguson, his record of 2.2 points per game over the past 12 months is the best in any division."

phenomenal record.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
He's a cock, but you cannot deny he's done a good job there.
They are very strong all over the pitch, and Lallana is just the best player in the division by a mile.
They'll be looking at automatics IMO and with the squad they have and the way they are capable of playing, they'll be disappointed with anything less.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Can't stand him but he's built well on the squad he inherited, he seems to be a good motivator and so far Saints have done well under him. It's still early doors though.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Largely Pardews squad, but regardless of that, it can't be denied he has moved them forward....
However, I do find him quite arrogant when interviewed.

Lallana is a fantastic player and IMO Lambert is the type of forward we need.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Do people really dislike him though? I only dislike him in a pantomime villian way, he actually seems a pretty decent bloke. He had a good smile and a chuckle at our flags and songs at The Withers.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It's all down to Deano's coaching. Adkins is just the mouthpiece. :glare:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Do people really dislike him though? I only dislike him in a pantomime villian way, he actually seems a pretty decent bloke. He had a good smile and a chuckle at our flags and songs at The Withers.

Indeed , and took alot of the Banter in good grace when we played Dagenham away last season.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I didn't like him or them last season but that's history now, especially as I have them at 14-1 to go up!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Said at the start of the season I fancied them to go up and so far I have seen nothing to change my mind, will be one of if not the the toughest away test for us this season, just amazed that they are still not filling the stadium...........for such a big club

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Fair play,don't mind them up there,If it was Portsmouth it would be a different story.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Without question, fair play to him.

to be fair he's rarely stuck a foot wrong with Scunny and Southampton .... well except for the "keeping up" comment , which just fired up so = so really he hasn't stuck a foot wrong :p

Absolutely correct !

We should acknowledge that he has done a good job and, we should also remember that he and GP went through coaching together so let's not upset their relationship.

I believe that Soton will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season - nice if we can too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here