Crazy odds!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The bookies have never been comfortable with giving Big Brother odds but they're giving 12/1 for Richard to be evicted tomorrow, while Jayne is 1/20.

However, AOL poll puts Richard 52% and Jayne 48% to get evicted, and there have been more than 200,000 votes.

I'm not a betting man but the odds on Richard seem crazy?!

Dawsey

Apr 25, 2004
Brighton
When it comes to BB, the bookies are ALWAYS right - I don't think they've got an eviction result wrong for about four series. If Jayne is 1/20, she's a gonner.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Pavilionaire said:
The bookies have never been comfortable with giving Big Brother odds but they're giving 12/1 for Richard to be evicted tomorrow, while Jayne is 1/20.

However, AOL poll puts Richard 52% and Jayne 48% to get evicted, and there have been more than 200,000 votes.

I'm not a betting man but the odds on Richard seem crazy?!

Well bet big on him then.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Does seem mad - but they got Nikki right as odds on to leave last time, which I couldn't believe.

The most interesting betting heat this year is going to be sports personality. It's so wide open, as obvious candidates in football/cricket/tennis haven't cut the mustard to the required standard.

David Walliams is currently about 6-1 - which says everything. I'm thinking about mounting a campaign for Phil Taylor. I'm sure Barry Hearn could be relied upon to promote his man in overstated fashion.

The only possibles I can see who might come through are a British winner of the Open, or Woosie in the Ryder Cup. If so, get on early.

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
can get 29/2 on Betfair on Richard to Go :clap:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Dawsey said:
When it comes to BB, the bookies are ALWAYS right - I don't think they've got an eviction result wrong for about four series. If Jayne is 1/20, she's a gonner.

Not always. In Celeb BB Faria Alam was outsider of 3 against Rodman and (I think) Burns but still went. She was backed in nearer the eviction though.

Even so, 1/20 shots rarely get beat.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tooting Gull said:
The only possibles I can see who might come through are a British winner of the Open, or Woosie in the Ryder Cup. If so, get on early.
Whats Monty at the moment then ?
The Open has already gone now obviously, but if he performs heroics in the R C, I can see him getting more than a passing mention.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Whats Monty at the moment then ?
The Open has already gone now obviously, but if he performs heroics in the R C, I can see him getting more than a passing mention.

8 on betfair i.e. 7-1 GASH odds for Mrs Doubtfire

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
DAMANCLAY said:
Why, hasnt really don anything special.

but by the time it comes round he would have won the league with chelsea(in all probability) been relatively good at world cup and won england captaincy.

it will be enough....

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
but by the time it comes round he would have won the league with chelsea(in all probability) been relatively good at world cup and won england captaincy.

it will be enough....

To be fair I think my nan could captain Chelsea to a league win with that team, he was average at the world cup but the captaincy may well swing it for him if he gets it over Gerrard. I think there are better candidates though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
John Terry won't win SPOTY because England and Chelsea won f*** all.

I can't see it being a footballer, cricketer or rugby personality. There really are very few contenders.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Just going back to my original thread point, 51% Jayne, 49% Richard with over 400,000 votes cast now on AOL.

If the editors do a hatchet job on the pre-eviction Thursday highlights tonight, and make Richard look like a kunt (as they did last night) it could be very interesting.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Pavilionaire said:
John Terry won't win SPOTY because England and Chelsea won f*** all.

chelsea only won the premiership....

im not saying terry deserves it but thats how people will see it.

he will be described as 'new england captain, chelsea title winning captain, prem winner' again i dont think he deserves it but i have a feeling he will be in top 3 at least

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Very rarely will a footballer win the award unless they've achieved something significant on the international stage.

It's been a shit year for British sport as compared with other years.

I'd seriously consider voting for Phil Taylor.

Crawley Cobbler

Mar 31, 2004
Crawley
Can't be Taylor. Try these two excerpts from Wikipaedia.

He's past his peak:

"Surprisingly he already lost 4 TV matches this year (2006). This is quite unique for Taylor's record. He lost to Jelly Klaasen (current BDO World Champion), Simon Whitlock and two times in a row to Raymond van Barneveld."

and he's a groper.

"He was convicted of sexually assaulting two female fans and as a result had his MBE recinded."

People will vote for the swimming comedian or the greyhound (Westmead Hawk).

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
well played to all the people who were able to get on westmead hawk at decent odds, but being the bbc and with the coverage david walliams had (and rightly so) I think they will promote him to win the prize.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports