Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley may bid for city status

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Preston Park - the place for people who want to pay high Brighton prices without any of the benefits. :lolol:

No wonder you're sneering at Crawley. Anything to make yourself feel better about paying silly money for little reward.

You're right Simster. I must have so much money that I don't know what to do with it all. :wave:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
giphy.gif

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
some of the comments make me die, There are some serious shitholes in Sussex and yes Crawley has areas that are very bad, but blimey, compared to some areas of Sussex, Crawley is like paradise.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Crawley Town would have to change their name, other than that, I don't see a problem.
The fact that most of sussex thinks the town is a dump helps keep the house prices a bit more reasonable, I do remember the days when young people moved down to Brighton because they could afford a flat there, where as Crawley was too expensive. Since the A23 was improved to be dual carriageway all the way, prices have got daft down there. Strange though, to think that making it easier to get from Brighton to Crawley, was a major factor in making Brighton a more desireable place to live.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
What lets Crawley down isn't the place its'self but the high number of cocks living here. Every estate pub i can think off is a dump with bellends.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Nothing wrong with Crawley. Love having Tilgate Park round the corner for nice Sunday walks with the little boy.

You live where you can afford to support your families, thats all that matters

I used to work in the Three Bridges area a long time ago and I agree about Tilgate Park. And when someone said it was ironic that Crawley had declared itself a nuclear-free zone when it was one of the few places that might be improved by being nuked, I considered it borderline harsh.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
I used to work in the Three Bridges area a long time ago and I agree about Tilgate Park. And when someone said it was ironic that Crawley had declared itself a nuclear-free zone when it was one of the few places that might be improved by being nuked, I considered it borderline harsh.

Probably 80% of the people in Crawley arent from Crawley. A bit like Brighton really.

Considering you have all the big named shops and supermarkets, local parks, leisure centre, close vicinity to capital and coast, I dont see why it has such a bad name?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What lets Crawley down isn't the place its'self but the high number of cocks living here. Every estate pub i can think off is a dump with bellends.

Are you saying that no other pubs in any other area other than Crawley have shit pubs or bell ends in them? I think you've lead a sheltered life. You cannot have been to many of these 'estate' pubs if they are ALL dumps.

Some of you that criticise Crawley and Sussex in general should spend a few years living in areas of London and tell me then where you have a better standard of life, you'd find Crawley to be something of a paradise.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Are you saying that no other pubs in any other area other than Crawley have shit pubs or bell ends in them? I think you've lead a sheltered life. You cannot have been to many of these 'estate' pubs if they are ALL dumps.

Some of you that criticise Crawley and Sussex in general should spend a few years living in areas of London and tell me then where you have a better standard of life, you'd find Crawley to be something of a paradise.

Hear Hear!

I lived in Kensington W8 for a few years and I could barely afford the flaming Bolly. It was incogitable.

Oct 25, 2003
In terms of leisure facilities, Crawley is miles ahead of Brighton (which I think says more about Brighton than Crawley to be fair). It's a pretty forward thinking town that is always up for building stuff- something you can't say about Brighton & Hove.

Perhaps the quest for city status is more about attracting investors to do up the town centre

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
In terms of leisure facilities, Crawley is miles ahead of Brighton (which I think says more about Brighton than Crawley to be fair). It's a pretty forward thinking town that is always up for building stuff- something you can't say about Brighton & Hove.

Perhaps the quest for city status is more about attracting investors to do up the town centre

I did read in a local free rag a couple of years back that the council were looking to try and invest in a facelift to the town centre, although with purses tight I guess they haven't got any further.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
I did read in a local free rag a couple of years back that the council were looking to try and invest in a facelift to the town centre, although with purses tight I guess they haven't got any further.

they are currently doing this, lots of building work going on right in the middle of the town centre

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here