Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley - cashing in on Man U tie...

Just seen, they have a special one-off kit for tomorrow's match.

Specially designed by Puma (their normal kit is Lotto)
Sponsored by The Sun newspaper

The kit will also be put on sale to fans (they haven't had a kit supplier this season so haven't been able to sell replica shirts).

Not sure whether I admire them for getting high profile deals done or not.

I know of Albion fans living in Crawley who are going to Old Trafford rather than Stoke tomorrow... :flounce:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Just seen, they have a special one-off kit for tomorrow's match.

Specially designed by Puma (their normal kit is Lotto)
Sponsored by The Sun newspaper

The kit will also be put on sale to fans (they haven't had a kit supplier this season so haven't been able to sell replica shirts).

Not sure whether I admire them for getting high profile deals done or not.

I know of Albion fans living in Crawley who are going to Old Trafford rather than Stoke tomorrow... :flounce:

That's a bit silly because we'll be there for the next round...

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I don't blame them. Moreover, three years ago we would have done exactly the same. They will want to make all the money they can, and good luck to them!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It'll probably be a very long time before Crawley get a highly publicised match like this again, hell yes they gotta make as much money as possible! I'm surprised their main shirt sponsor have allowed it for this occasion but kudos to Crawley for maxmising the moment.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Their fans have been wanting to buy replica shirts all season. At least they'll be able to now.

Why shouldn't they "cash in" on their success? Wouldn't any other club in their position? Get over it!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I don't blame them. Moreover, three years ago we would have done exactly the same. They will want to make all the money they can, and good luck to them!

Already a cash rich club and and just on the FA Cup alone over 2m in the bank.....good on them, just a shame its not Brighton at Old Trafford tomorrow as it will be warmer and I love Prawn Sannies.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
We did!

Remember the "special edition" white kit for the Palace game?

Yes, yes I do. And the special edition kit for the Doncater home game (I've got one of them!), and the special edition 'farewell skint' kit. Oh, and when sold off all the pink goalie shirts to get a quick buck following the Yedell/Leeds incident.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Already a cash rich club and and just on the FA Cup alone over 2m in the bank.....good on them, just a shame its not Brighton at Old Trafford tomorrow as it will be warmer and I love Prawn Sannies.

Be patient-next round...and that would be the only reason for me to ever enter Old Trafford, to see The Albion.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
We did!

Remember the "special edition" white kit for the Palace game?

Or the one off shirt for 10 years since we left the goldstone
Or the one off shirt for the last game being sponsored by skint
Wasn't the palookaville shirt also meant to be a one off too?

Any team in crawley's position would do exactly the same

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Or the one off shirt for 10 years since we left the goldstone
Or the one off shirt for the last game being sponsored by skint
Wasn't the palookaville shirt also meant to be a one off too?

Any team in crawley's position would do exactly the same

the difference being who would actually buy it with Sun emplazoned on the front, I certainly wouldn't

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Can't blame them though. This is a MASSIVE windfall opportunity for them.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Surely the black and blue striped shirt of 1996 falls into this category, worn only once wasn't it?

nutter4149

Jan 14, 2005
It'll probably be a very long time before Crawley get a highly publicised match like this again, hell yes they gotta make as much money as possible! I'm surprised their main shirt sponsor have allowed it for this occasion but kudos to Crawley for maxmising the moment.

Their main shirt sponser has gone bust

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Just spoken with one of my neighbours who hails from Crawley, he and some mates are going up for the game tomorrow, reckons they have sold 12,000 tickets...not bad on an average home gate of around 1,500!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here