Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crappest D-list celebrity you've ever met

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I have just found Richard Tiltman and Les Berry in my childhood autograph book if that counts.

Must have been some Junior Seagull open day, back in olden times :eek:)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm particularly proud of meeting both John Inman and Little and Large, but mostly Peter Andre.

Bob Todd (who most people would recognise from the Benny Hill Show) lived in Burwash for years, I think his family still live there.

He'd spent hours in my dad's garage (usually drunk), performing magic tricks, or pretending to be a faith healer. Very funny (but very very drunk) character.

199404.jpg

Last edited:

DC Rules

Could It Be Forever?
Sep 19, 2006
i had Curley Watts & Criag McLanan of ex neighbours playing in my pub on moday

its not that fact thats interesting, but that fact you've been a member for over 2 years, and this is only your third posting!!!!!!! where have you been all this time?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On the plus side, my tragic juvenile golf-stalking allowed me to collect the following celebrity endorsements in my autograph book:

bobby.jpg

C_58_ImageGallery_80113_Image.jpg
(that's Geoff Hurst, not the German bloke)

bobby.jpg

World Cup-tastic :thumbsup:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Bob Todd (who most people would recognise from the Benny Hill Show) lived in Burwash for years, I think his family still live there.

He'd spent hours in my dad's garage (usually drunk), performing magic tricks, or pretending to be a faith healer. Very funny (but very very drunk) character.

My mates who come from Heathfield said he was notorious for bumming drinks off people in pubs; whether he knew them or not!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
arguably, I've met myself and I used to 'present' shows on a digital satellite channel that once got 140,000 viewers. I don't think that quite counts, does it? Its still more people than care about yer average D-list ex Big Brother harlot though.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
ray doyle i think his name is, aka 'robbie box' on Big Deal (an 80's gambling drama?) came into the King Alred tenpin centre, with his family once..

I also met Patrick Moore, doing some shopping at (the old) Churchill Square..

Chriff Eubank doesn't count anymore, does he? I guess everyone's seen him at some stage, around Brighton..

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I user to work with Henry Kelly (Game for a Laugh, Going for Gold) when he was a presenter at Classic FM, nice bloke actually.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I was in a documentary on BBC2 AND on NewsRoom South East to publicise the showing of said documentary, so I'm counting myself. ;)

Besides that, I shook hands with Des Lynam and Jimmy Hill at Withdean once, but I'm not sure whether they're slightly more than D-list or not. Oh, and I met most of the Albion team at the sponsor's dinner if we can count them.

Non Albion-wise, I can't remember having met anyone famous (or if I have, the meeting was so memorable that I've now forgotten it).

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You can't go anywhere without tripping over that Van Day bloke.

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
i met Miki Beryni who was walking around during the support act. she asked me for a cigarette and i asked her for a kiss on the cheek..

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I met David Blunkett and his guide dog once, unsure if he qualifies but the dog was nice.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Gary Bushell, ex Sounds journo, part time TV presenter and Adddicks supporter, with his charming family waiting for a flight home at Faro airport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here