Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig noone going!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
hmmm. Didn't Earnshaw score 14 goals in the Prem with a struggling WBA side?

Did he ? Hardly done a much since though. The question is, why would Cardiff let their equivelent of Bobby Zamora go ? Past it that's why.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
another short arse? No thanks. Even if he has the kind of teeth that can eat an apple through a tennis racket.

lmao

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Hope this isn't true, Earnshaw is past it, Noone is a good prospect why do we need to sell him I don't understand... unless he is unhappy which would surprise me.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Did he ? Hardly done a much since though. The question is, why would Cardiff let their equivelent of Bobby Zamora go ? Past it that's why.

27 goals in 41 games at Norwich, 35 in 72 starts at Nottingham Forest, and 3 in 8 starts at Cardiff since leaving. That shits all over any of our strikers record in this division. A striker averaging a goal every 2 games and people think he's shit.
I guess that explains why some people think Jordan Rhodes, Zamora, and Billy Sharp are reasonable transfer targets.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Another short arse? No thanks. Even if he has the kind of teeth that can eat an apple through a tennis racket.

We could always kit him out with a pair of these wee beauties:-

spikeheel.jpg

:thumbsup:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Probably in a minority but I'd be happy with this deal, especially if Vicente's finally got over his 'injury'

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
27 goals in 41 games at Norwich, 35 in 72 starts at Nottingham Forest, and 3 in 8 starts at Cardiff since leaving. That shits all over any of our strikers record in this division. A striker averaging a goal every 2 games and people think he's shit.
I guess that explains why some people think Jordan Rhodes, Zamora, and Billy Sharp are reasonable transfer targets.

1 in 22 for Derby.....

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
1 in 22 for Derby.....

In the Premiership?

We aren't in the Premiership, i'll take his Championship record thanks. Task still stands, if someone wants to find me a striker with that proven record that cheap, feel free.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I thought we are now a team buying for the future, I see this as a bad deal for us if Cardiff rate Noone and feel he can help them gain promotion then they must feel he can do a job at a higher level and therefore the value should be more should it not. Not happy with the deal. However happy to be proved wrong !

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Well I don't think it's any time to be floggin' off our assets. I'll be royally hacked-off if Nooney goes at the moment, particularly with KLL getting crocked on Saturday & Buckley tippy-toeing back to proppa match fitness.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
£1.5M or Baaadiff can fcuk off...

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I haven't the time to read through this whole thread but what worries me is the repercussions were this to be true. Gus stated on Saturday that Cardiff had "no chance" in getting Noone. If the board has accepted an offer, I can't see Gus being very happy about it.

It could be that Gus has been promised the cash to buy a striker but surely with the income we are getting at the Amex, we could afford to splash 750k or so without having to sell our player of the season so far.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The significant thing for me in all of this is the Albion hav'nt said that he's not for sale just that Cardiff will have to up they're bid to stand a chance of getting him, I'm convinced he'll be gone soon and Gus will be going with buckley and Lua Lua as our wide men.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
We have a surplus of left wingers when fit. 750k is a good amount of money and Earnshaw is a proven second tier striker.

I'd be disappointed to see Noone leave but it wouldn't be the worst deal in the world. Hope it doesn't happen though.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I desparately hope it never happens.

Player of the season for me. Electric with the ball at his feet, with defences having to out 2 or 3 on him.
When out squad/team is improved, that will create space for (quality) others.

Can't see the attraction of perennial Championship plodders Cardiff.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Thinking some more about it, if that 750k was made available to buy a target man, how would people feel then? Would change the complexion of the front line completely & address our biggest problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here