Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackail-Smith

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
The guy next to us spent the whole first half having a go at him then had to eat his words, which he admitted and was quite happy to do!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Simply outstanding in the second half and looked worth every single pound of his fee. Absolute quality.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
He's movement is fantastic. Second half several times he made runs across Leeds back four to have acres of space but just wasn't found with the right ball. Both the last two second half's prove we can live with so called "bigger" clubs by playing our way. Just need to not give them too much respect from the start.

mutton43

Jan 21, 2011
Eastbourne
ive got a couple of csm haters who sit by me,and up until his first goal last night you would of thought he was the devil incarnate.So glad he shut them up with a quality display that showed exactly why he was so sought after in the transfer window

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Watched the replay when I got home after the game and saw his MOM interview. He wasn't even puffing or out of breath, amazing!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
His batteries looked low in the furr half. A new set of Duracells at half time and he's off again. Energy came back,first touch returned.

shame his first half flat batteries have been forgiven but caspers (apparrent) mistake has turned him into the gunt of the week .....tut fuckin tutttttttt....!!

brightoon

Jun 13, 2011
Can't really believe anyone ever doubted him. To be honest every game I've been to this season he has been quality. Always gives 100% and chases every lost cause. Can't ask for more than that really, already one of our best buys in recent times IMO

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Roll on Tuesday. Muzza v Mackell. Compare and contrast...

Difference in my opinion is that CMS is better, due to his work rate. Even when he doesn't play well you get a 100% shift from him. When Murray has a bad game, he goes missing.

CMS is a better finisher, scoring more goals last season in a weaker team than Murray and will out score Murray again this season.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I'm just glad we signed him - he's a class finisher & always gives 100% even when he's having an off day.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I do still wonder what the CMS/Murray partnership might have been like.
That is no reflection on Barnes I might add as he is doing ok.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Second half he was superb, I would haVe taken him off at half time, thought he was rubbish first half. That's why I am not the manager!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I do still wonder what the CMS/Murray partnership might have been like.
That is no reflection on Barnes I might add as he is doing ok.

Barnes, just okay?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Showed his class last night , some of his footwork in the penalty area reminded me of a young Peter Ward.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Listen, and understand. CMS is out there.

He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And He absolutely will not stop, ever... until Palace are dead.

Mine

Odious Bureaucrat
Sep 16, 2011
There is always something in a match for a high-effort player like Mackail-Smith. He's like Craig Bellamy, only without the headcase aspect Bellamy brings to any club he joins.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Must admit I thought that CMS was not getting anywhere in the first half because he had no service. Most of our attacks were down the wing whereas CMS was looking for through or diagonal balls from midfield. Things clicked in the second half so must assume the Gus magical half time talk sorted things out.
PS.I'm still gutted at that late equaliser given away by Ankergren and even more fuming at the on pitch lovein between him and Leeds. Scenes like that should be behind closed doors.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here