Craig Mackail Smith, You are the weakest link.... Goodbye

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes but it's all about 'the service' or lack of it and not playing to his strengths......blah blah. Zis iss ze fact of matter.

We are one of the highest chance creators in the whole football league.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He is not playing for us, like a man worth close to £3m. The longer we keep him, the bigger chunk of that we'll have to write off. He's no nipper.

If Norwich would like to give us what we paid, I'd 100% take it. If they'd like to throw in Jackson or Morrison as part of the deal, that would be interesting, too.

Or Benno :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
We are one of the highest chance creators in the whole football league.

How is this relevant to anything I have said? I was trying to highlight that the 'service' etc is often raised by people in relation to CMS - not the team. However, I would be interested to see these stats - is there a link?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How is this relevant to anything I have said?

Unless I've misunderstood you, I thought you were suggesting CMS isn't getting the service he needs. Which is bollocks. We batter teams week in, week out and make a ridiculous amount of chances.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How is this relevant to anything I have said? I was trying to highlight that the 'service' etc is often raised by people in relation to CMS - not the team. However, I would be interested to see these stats - is there a link?

A simple comparison from our own stats on the website is that we've had a total of 278 shots this season, in comparison to say Palace who have had 240...Nobody can say we are not creating enough chances or are not attacking enough.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Do do do do just cant score a goal he just cant score a goal

chasing down defenders and re tweets alot

he just cant score a goal he just cant score a goal

missing easy chances and many one on ones

and Ive had enough of do do do do craig mackail smith

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Do do do do just cant score a goal he just cant score a goal

chasing down defenders and re tweets alot

missing easy chances and many one on ones

and Ive had enough of do do do do craig mackail smith

I see I'm not the only person who's rewritten the lyrics in their head!! LOL!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Agree with Melltron - check the Daily Tele on Monday's; we're in the highest shots / chances top 5 week in week out - sadly, goal conversion, we're one of the worst. Thank heavens for the defence. But really, you could bounce any number of threads on this subject from this time last year. We're stuck in groundhog day it seems.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Agree with Melltron - check the Daily Tele on Monday's; we're in the highest shots / chances top 5 week in week out - sadly, goal conversion, we're one of the worst. Thank heavens for the defence. But really, you could bounce any number of threads on this subject from this time last year. We're stuck in groundhog day it seems.

Fair point. Although certainly I recall at this time last season (late Oct/Nov/Dec) we were literally having about two shots off target and one on per game.

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
Unless I've misunderstood you, I thought you were suggesting CMS isn't getting the service he needs. Which is bollocks. We batter teams week in, week out and make a ridiculous amount of chances.

No, it was a poor attempt at sarcastically raising the same weary old argument that he doesn't get the service or that we don't play to his strengths.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Not really, last year i'm pretty sure we were amongst the lowest for shots taken

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not really, last year i'm pretty sure we were amongst the lowest for shots taken

We were. I was more referring to end product e.g. goals.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Agreed last year we weren't even creating the chances in the first place..often overrun in midfield ..consequently the defence was always under pressure ..big improvement this year ..BUT we do need to start converting (obviously) ..otherwise we could c ourselves being sucked down into midtable and below ...players looked edgy last 2 home games ..a couple of wins would boost confidence .. a couple of defeats and tht Jan transfer window might b even more important thn it seems now

IMHO

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
This is a really frustrating choice as I like CMS and really want it to work out but how long do you give it. It is clear that he has skills in some areas but not others and we as a team do not play the best way of utilising those particular skills. It therefore highlights his shortcomings more than if we played his way and probably makes him look worse. Problem is we are not going to change the way we play so that would imply its best for all to cut our losses and part company.

But this is only part of the story in order to progress we need someone better, specifically in the style we play, this cuts down the possible options in an already over priced and limited market, some of the bullshit going around about who to get in is pure fantasy. In order to improve it is either going to be expensive or we are going to gamble and be lucky.

It's not an easy choice and one I am glad I don't have to make.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Anyone still think Norwich will want this clown? If offered anything near the £1million mark we should sell. Shocking player

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Anyone still think Norwich will want this clown? If offered anything near the £1million mark we should sell. Shocking player

did not even look like scoring again today,he should have come off for hoskins when McSmudger is on the pitch we are playing with 10 men, giving him the ball is a waste of time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports