Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Gordon

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Unless it's a pay as you play deal, steer well clear, always injured and would command big wages.

Nothing to see here, move along please.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Why? He is always injured. He has played 16 games in 2 seasons for Sunderland. Good keeper but spends too much time in the stands.

Do you like Vicente, Gordan is a top quality keeper he got a bad injury it happens just ask our best player

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Do you like Vicente, Gordan is a top quality keeper he got a bad injury it happens just ask our best player

Totally different scenario, Vincente is a different level. The most games Gordon has played for Sunderland in a season is 26. Not really worth the 9 million plus wages that Sunderland payed for him! Unless pay as you play I would steer clear, not saying he is not a good keeper though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Scottish. Looked good in the MTL. Been poor in England. No thanks.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Had one useless goalkeeper from Scotland already so no thanks

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I wouldn't have thought anyone will be offering him more than a year, with his track record. But if he proved his fitness pre season someone will have a top notch keeper.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think Harper did a very good job of proving that GK is the, possibly only, position that needs to be filled by an experienced England based player.
I don't know if Gordon is 'the man', but his ilk certainly is.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
If he fits in to our wage structure then it would be a good signing but I wouldn't want us go out on a limb to get him meaning we can't afford some of our other targets.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You are joking?..He was outstanding for Sunderland until he got injured. A fully fit Craig Gordon would be a fantastic signing.

Was he heck. Find me a Sunderland fan who thinks he was outstanding. He cost a lot of money and never really lived up to it, hence they'd been signing other keepers even before he got injured. Reminds me a bit of David De Gea in his first few months at United. Decent shot stopper but looks like a deer in the headlights every time crosses come raining in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here