Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Davies

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
remember that day,utter tools in the crowd that day

I wasn't there, but I think it's worth remembering the position we were in at the time, and the amount we'd wasted on Craig Davies. Not to mention he took on the number 25 shirt, the fact he scored against Peterborough and gave us all hope he wouldn't be shit, and then he did THAT against Northampton with pretty much the last kick of the game and we were doomed. He did get a lot of stick and most of it was out of proportion but he was here at a very difficult time.

His attitude didn't help anything either, by ALL accounts.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
remember that day,utter tools in the crowd that day

The criticism and abuse started for him before that game at Milton Keynes, there was a few posts on here before the game slating him.

Also, think it's pretty sure that over 75% of the 3,000 Albion fans there that day were chanting 'you're not fit to wear the shirt at him', so are 2,250 of them utter tools?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can.

I always felt he had all the tools to make for a pretty decent striker. Good touch, strong on the ball, decent attitude. But unfortunately he missed some absolute SITTERS for us

Could see Will Hoskins going that way after recent games. Hopefully the goal against Newcastle will get him on a run of form.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
This is Bolton who wanted there to be no relegation from the Prem UNTIL they dropped out and now not so keen? Hope they drop like a stone and we can all give them a big wave as we pass by in the opposite direction!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Could see Will Hoskins going that way after recent games. Hopefully the goal against Newcastle will get him on a run of form.

Agreed. I think CMS could do with being "rested" for a few games while Hoskins gets a proper run in the side. OK, Hoskins's finishing a few weeks back (vs Forest ?) was wasteful on a number of occasions, but he was at least regularly getting into the right goalscoring positions. He just needs a decent run in the side to get some sharpness back.

His movement and finish against Newcastle was top notch, a perfectly timed run, followed by a composed and clinical finish. He also came off the bench v Watford and had a cracking effort saved with that touch and volley at the near post. Since getting fit I think Hoskins has been chronically underused given the struggle's CMS has had in front of goal. I'd start him ahead of CMS on Saturday without hesitation.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Bolton are one of the many clubs who are in imminent danger of going under. Financially they are over £100m in debt and they have a huge wage bill. A guy at work has a friend who is well in with their hierarchy and things look very very bleak by all accounts.

Administration by Easter perhaps?

TNBA

TTF

Jimmy Grimble

He was always a goal away from firing in a few, that's how I felt anyway while he was here, and know a couple who thought likewise.

Was treatedly terribly by the fans though, good luck to him.

Hate to be a bore/bandwagon jumper, but I was of the same opinion as well.

I remember in the FA Cup game against Wycombe that ended 4-4, Davies had a difficult chance in the dying moments of the game that went inches wide. Thought if that went in he would have gone on a run for us.

Unfortunate for both parties that it never worked out for him, although I wouldn't want him now.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Craig Davies made Chris Holroyd look like a world class footballer.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
The criticism and abuse started for him before that game at Milton Keynes, there was a few posts on here before the game slating him.

Also, think it's pretty sure that over 75% of the 3,000 Albion fans there that day were chanting 'you're not fit to wear the shirt at him', so are 2,250 of them utter tools?

not from where i stood,shocking treatment,i supose you have beenbooing barnes and poyet recently,as i said utter tool

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

not from where i stood,shocking treatment,i supose you have beenbooing barnes and poyet recently,as i said utter tools

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand

Shocking miss. Deserved all he got that day. Most of us could have buried that chance with slippers on.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I thought he was a decent player, the treatment of him at MK Dons was a disgrace from so called Brighton "fans". He had strength which is something we are lacking.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I think he suffered from trying too hard. Things were not going right but the effort was there but, when you're a forward and not scoring, the timing & confidence goes. you shoot too soon or you hang on too long, everything seems to go wrong and then there's the crowd on your back.

Davies has shown, at all his other clubs, that he's a decent enough striker. Not great but certainly better than the player we saw. I wish him well.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I always liked Craig Davies. Good luck to him. Shame he never really got a full chance here and whatever you say, at Withdean he was always the last player going round clapping the fans after each match.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Hate to be a bore/bandwagon jumper, but I was of the same opinion as well.

I remember in the FA Cup game against Wycombe that ended 4-4, Davies had a difficult chance in the dying moments of the game that went inches wide. Thought if that went in he would have gone on a run for us.

Unfortunate for both parties that it never worked out for him, although I wouldn't want him now.

He had a goal wrongly chalked off for offside that day too IIRC.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall

you do post some crap ! I'd say there were a few hundred giving him stick but because I'm guessing you were in the middle of it sounded a lot more

Jimmy Grimble

He had a goal wrongly chalked off for offside that day too IIRC.

That's what I thought! But I checked the BBC report and couldn't find a mention of it, so I assumed my memory was playing tricks on me. This is the quote from the BBC report:

86:24
The official flags Craig Davies offside. Scott Shearer takes the free kick.
84:59
Craig Davies has shot on goal from just outside the box which goes wide of the right-hand upright.

I assumed the two were connected but I guess the flag for offside was for the disallowed goal?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Was it away to Wycombe that he had what would have been a brilliant late winner wrongly ruled out? I remember saying at the time I thought he'd have started banging then in if that had stood.

Great example if a player who thrives on confidence - sadly just didn't have much during his time here.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I remember seeing his smash one off the bar from about 30 yards away at Hereford once. That was the same game that Tommy Fraser scored an overhead kick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here