Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Davies

Lady_Vale

Apr 5, 2008
Stoke on Trent
There have been murmurings of a season long loan at Vale next season.

Has anything been mentioned from Brighton's point of view or is Davies off elsewhere or giving it another crack with you guys?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I should hope he will be permanently off our wage bill and not out on another loan

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How has he played L VALE?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He's proved he's not up to it in League 1 - could luck to him if he can make a success of it in League 2, but you'd like to think we'd get a small fee for him having wasted 75k on the player.

barn_door_009.jpg

Lady_Vale

Apr 5, 2008
Stoke on Trent
How has he played L VALE?

From the sublime, to poor, to his penalty strop with Richards.

There is a player in there, we can all see it. A little more consistency and perhaps more of a team player and he'll be far too good for league 2.

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to signing him although a part of me feels he thinks he's too good for us, which would be a shame as we'd be a good proposition at this moment in time.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

There is a player in there, we can all see it. A little more consistency and perhaps more of a team player and he'll be far too good for league 2.

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to signing him although a part of me feels he thinks he's too good for us, which would be a shame as we'd be a good proposition at this moment in time.

Surprised you haven't used the old cliche "with a good pre-season behind him..."
I notice that one has appeared a few times on the Vale forum as well!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Thanks. I agree with you about there is a player there. There definately is but he's running out of time to prove his true class. He did OK for us but his finishing was very poor. Shame cos when he played on his debut and scored in that no. 25 shirt a lot of people were making Zamora comparisons (more out of looks then ability tho)

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
ran around alot, but couldnt seem to work out that that net connected to those funny white poles was for putting the ball into.
lack of confidence possibly
looked like he could definately be a decent player in league 2 though, and adams seems to like him

Lady_Vale

Apr 5, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Thanks. I agree with you about there is a player there. There definately is but he's running out of time to prove his true class. He did OK for us but his finishing was very poor. Shame cos when he played on his debut and scored in that no. 25 shirt a lot of people were making Zamora comparisons (more out of looks then ability tho)

He's scored some very important goals for us and contributed to the great run we had after Christmas we can't deny that but he holds himself back.

He'll start playing with a 'swagger' and perhaps choose selfish options that you'd normally make when your 3-0 up and you just think 'why?'

If he could just get over himself at times it would do him the world of good.

He was mouth watering at Chesterfield and he and Richards could (and did) make a good partnership.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Does he still smash the ball as hard as he can when he is 5 yards away from the goal? :)

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Anymore Brighton players possibly moving north with the inevitable Adams link?

Gary Hart
Colin Hawkins :)lolol: good luck)
Dean Cox
Adam Virgo

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Never heard of Hawkins - and by the looks of it I hope I probably don't hear from him again.

Any good league 2 aquistions from that lot? What positions are we talking about?

Hart is a winger/striker - Past it by about 3 years.

Cox - plays anywhere across the midfield but primarily LW. Good player for league 2 but question marks on his attitude off the pitch, obviously likes a bit of a drink and we're trying to cut that culture out here.

Virgo - CB. Will be quality CB in league 2. Bit of a hoofer though unfortunately. Adams for some inexplicable reason decided to play him on the right wing for a few games as well. Celtic paid 1.5 mil for him about 4 years ago (though seems a bit of the "old pals act" between McGhee and Strachan with that one, we were seriously in the shite at that time and probably saved us from admin)

Hawkins - CB. Terrible. Just terrible.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Hawkins looked good when we first got him but has been injured pretty much ever since.
Wouldn`t be surprised to see him go to Vale if he can regain full fitness but he will never play for the Albion again.

Davies has ability without doubt but will probably end up having more clubs than Steve Claridge.

Lady_Vale

Apr 5, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Hart is a winger/striker - Past it by about 3 years.

Cox - plays anywhere across the midfield but primarily LW. Good player for league 2 but question marks on his attitude off the pitch, obviously likes a bit of a drink and we're trying to cut that culture out here.

Virgo - CB. Will be quality CB in league 2. Bit of a hoofer though unfortunately. Adams for some inexplicable reason decided to play him on the right wing for a few games as well. Celtic paid 1.5 mil for him about 4 years ago (though seems a bit of the "old pals act" between McGhee and Strachan with that one, we were seriously in the shite at that time and probably saved us from admin)

Hawkins - CB. Terrible. Just terrible.

From that and the members that have signed up I could only think that perhaps Virgo could be of interest.

I believe we got thumped at Bournemouth partly due to the fact that Owen was missing and we hadn't really got anyone of the same ilk to replace him as were thin on the ground for out and out CB's. Is Virgo big and strong?

Lush

Mods' Pet
From that and the members that have signed up I could only think that perhaps Virgo could be of interest.

I believe we got thumped at Bournemouth partly due to the fact that Owen was missing and we hadn't really got anyone of the same ilk to replace him as were thin on the ground for out and out CB's. Is Virgo big and strong?

He'd be a real acquisition. Good centre half and a genuine bloke. Our ex-captain. Cox probably also worth a punt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here