Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cpfc Die

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
gdavis.jpg

The 'G Davis' is innocent stuff is interesting. It actually forms the basis for banksy's manifesto, which can be seen on his website.

http://www.banksy.co.uk/manifesto/index.html

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
We have some great prints of the cpfc die graffiti tucked away in a box somewhere. We sent it one year to a very good palarse friend of ours when they got relegated, enclosed it with a stick of Brighton Rock and nothing else. He said when he opened it he thought it was hate mail.

Unfourtantly we stayed the night in his flat the day we lost 5-0, proving footballs a funny old game and has lots of swings and roundabouts, what comes arounds goes around.

Thank F for 1-0 McShane when you need em.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
worse still Ronald Reagans fingers.

An interesting point on Reagan in this context: the closest we have come to nuclear war was during a NATO exercise in East Germany inthe 1980's that was so realistic it almost convinced the Soviets that a real US strike against the USSR was taking place. One of the things that convinced the Russian at the nuclear base montoring the action whose decision it was to retaliate or not that it was not a real strike was the fact that their intelligence reported that Reagan and his chiefs were not themselves in East Germany and taking part in the action. Reagan was supposed to be there but took the decision that bearing in mind recent events it would be inflammatory for him to be there in person so decided to stay away. He's hardly a Saint but not quite the idiot warmonger many would have you believe.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
.....not forgetting as The Independant (hardly a hawkish paper) put it regarding Reagan in Monday's edition's article asking whether history would reappraise Bush: "He (Reagan) is admired for his goal of ridding the world of nuclear weapons, almost acheived at the 1986 Reykjavik summit with Gorbachev".

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Nostalgic stuff. For donkeys years there was 'PALACE KILL BHA' daubed on a wall near Selhurst Station, i always wondered how it took so long for the council to clean it up. It wasn't as if it was conspicuous it was in huge blue spray paint!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'm not sure that the Americans moving their bases to Poland makes me feel safe at all.
No, nor me. I mean, I think it probably renders the UK very marginally less of a potential target. But then I really don't want the Poles to get a nuclear bomb on their heads either.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
For donkeys years there was 'PALACE KILL BHA' daubed on a wall near Selhurst Station, i always wondered how it took so long for the council to clean it up.

Not as long as it took the fanny who painted it to check the spelling.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
An interesting point on Reagan in this context: the closest we have come to nuclear war was during a NATO exercise in East Germany inthe 1980's that was so realistic it almost convinced the Soviets that a real US strike against the USSR was taking place. One of the things that convinced the Russian at the nuclear base montoring the action whose decision it was to retaliate or not that it was not a real strike was the fact that their intelligence reported that Reagan and his chiefs were not themselves in East Germany and taking part in the action. Reagan was supposed to be there but took the decision that bearing in mind recent events it would be inflammatory for him to be there in person so decided to stay away. He's hardly a Saint but not quite the idiot warmonger many would have you believe.

I don't think this is quite right, NATO did not perform exercises in EAST Germany if we had done that then there would have been a war. As someone who regularly participated in exercises simulating nuclear war in WEST Germany I struggle to understand how you can make one "so realistic".

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I don't think this is quite right, NATO did not perform exercises in EAST Germany if we had done that then there would have been a war. As someone who regularly participated in exercises simulating nuclear war in WEST Germany I struggle to understand how you can make one "so realistic".

Sorry, that was a typo, I meant West Germany of course. This was from a documentary on earlier in the year (forget the name). It was realistic in the sense that all mobilisation was simulated as if a real NATO strike/invasion was about to take place. It was quite a sad piece really; the Russian Commander who by acting so sensibly and restrained probably saved us all from nuclear hollocaust now lives in poverty in a shitty Moscow bedsit.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
One of the biggest supporters of the anti-missle movement was Sussex's very own Raymond Briggs who was (still is?) a lecturer at Uni of Brighton. As well as writing The Snowman, he wrote a superb book called When the Wind Blows - later made into a film with impressive sound track that included David Bowie).

I remember seeing that at school.

Despite being a cartoon, it was still quite scary. What sticks in my mind is the old couple who were the main characters, following the government instructions to shelter underneath an old door, leaned against the wall at a particular angle, for optimum protection from the blast.

The touching faith of people who thought that would keep them safe from the effects of a 20 megaton nuclear warhead.

On the subject of graffiti, by the way, somebody sprayed "art is crap" on the wall opposite the Park View pub on Preston Drove a while back. Recently, some wit has added to this so it now reads "fart piss crap"

:juvenilesnigger:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
What Japes you lot get up to when out on Patrol...

We have some great prints of the cpfc die graffiti tucked away in a box somewhere. We sent it one year to a very good palarse friend of ours when they got relegated, enclosed it with a stick of Brighton Rock and nothing else. He said when he opened it he thought it was hate mail.

Unfourtantly we stayed the night in his flat the day we lost 5-0, proving footballs a funny old game and has lots of swings and roundabouts, what comes arounds goes around.

Thank F for 1-0 McShane when you need em.

Any chance of publishing the prints?

yes, I have a tee shirt with it on

I saw you at a beer festival a few years ago with the t-shirt, I think in Lewes. Have you got a picture of the graffiti?

Is the old Send Cruise Back graffiti still on the bridge at the bottom of Tongdean Lane?

We can all have a look tomorrow and check if it's still there.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wasn't there some prominent graffiti for years on a bridge as you entered the Croydon area on the way up the A23? At Coulsdon maybe? "Turn back Brighton or die," it said. Not as direct at "CPFC die", but almost liberal by comparison.

i remember that, just before you got to Coulsden, by the now Renault garage

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here