Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cox to Blackburn

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Sky sports reporting they're in talks. Would be cheaper than Rhodes and maybe the better option IMO.

In Gus we trust.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Simon. No thanks. He is 'alright' but big money, and probably wouldn't make the step up to Premiership. Looked poor in the world cup too, could barely stand up and keep the ball.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Simon. No thanks. He is 'alright' but big money, and probably wouldn't make the step up to Premiership. Looked poor in the world cup too, could barely stand up and keep the ball.

Well he has made the step up to the premier league considering he's scored a few for West Brom, very decent player.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well he has made the step up to the premier league considering he's scored a few for West Brom, very decent player.

10 goals in 2.5 season! Decent league 1, probably alright Championship player but not convinced he is a Premier League player.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Why do people keep referring to Rhodes?!

He is out of our league and at a club the same size as us, with a manager as good as ours.

No evidence anywhere of us being even interested in him.

Gus wants Mclean but is paid more than we can afford at Hull.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
10 goals in 2.5 season! Decent league 1, probably alright Championship player but not convinced he is a Premier League player.

But we are a championship club, not premier league. If we signed premier league players, we would go the way of Portsmouth pretty quickly.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Blackburn are giving this a right go aren't they?

Nuno Gomes, Leon Best and Simon Cox as a strike force for the championship looks EPIC.

Danny Murphy just keeping it ticking over in midfield. The Venkys may will win back some fans.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Nuno Gomes is 36, Leon Best has scored 28 goals in his last 134 games and Simon Cox is decent but is still basing a reputation on one season at Swindon in League One.

I'm not saying Blackburn have a bad squad, but I wouldn't rate them as "epic".

For the championship, I would say it is.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Blackburn will be very strong, Paul Robinson is the best goalkeeper in the Championship by an absolute mile, and their whole spine looks pretty solid. Dann, Murphy and Best through the heart of the team should be very effective at this level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here