Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Covid Passports *may* allow return to full Premier League crowds

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No one is suggesting Covid passports will stop the spread. More that they will mitigate spread and symptoms should you catch it.

Agree, but that’s the Tories for you.

This will not guarantee a virus free stadium.

See first response.

Digressing, from 16 August the UK will allow in all double vaccinated travellers from the EU. No other requirements.

Your 1901 seats await :smile:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Digressing, from 16 August the UK will allow in all double vaccinated travellers from the EU. No other requirements.

Ah, thank you Sir. I hadn’t heard this. Great news!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

I Haven't heard this either..? I thought they were going to discuss it today...?

I hope it is true.....I'm back in the UK for the first time in 19 months but I also need to get back to France for a few days as soon as possible and will then want to return here for some footie.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Although Gove is now talking about “Domestic Covid passports” to enter football stadia…maybe there is one further hurdle for me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I haven't read the whole thread but you can still catch and pass on the virus even if you have been double-jabbed. So the whole passport thing is a bit pointless.

It would be pointless if everyone had their opportunity to be double-jabbed by the time the season starts.

It would strike me as somewhat unfair for a whole load of young people to be excluded from the first six weeks of the season purely because, through no fault of their own, they'd not had the opportunity to be fully vaccinated.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα

Has this been confirmed yet? I have read it (I think) forbes but other newspapers hadn't set a date when I last checked this morning.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12366170/chelsea-to-ask-fans-for-proof-of-vaccination-or-negative-covid-test-ahead-of-mens-and-womens-home-games

Chelski.JPG

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Hopefully to be sanctioned on 31/7.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57992929.amp

Other news sources reporting this week that the EU and UK have been working on mutual acceptance of the fully vaccinated.

Yes, everywhere is reporting this. I was specifically asking about your August 16th date. I have only seen that reported in Forbes. I have a vested interest in this as my brother is getting married in mid-August and I hope to travel back with no quarantine and limited testing, otherwise I am away from my young family for a long time.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, everywhere is reporting this. I was specifically asking about your August 16th date. I have only seen that reported in Forbes. I have a vested interest in this as my brother is getting married in mid-August and I hope to travel back with no quarantine and limited testing, otherwise I am away from my young family for a long time.

Last night on the Telegraph website. That’s where the 16th appears, in the middle of travel news.

F7AC7BF1-AF52-46FD-9E82-18F78846F899.png

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Great news, 2nd Aug!

7BE39F2E-6910-4FDF-BED5-63E3D4689915.png

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If it's just the NHS test you can game that anyway and report any result you want.

Pointless.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

The Sky report re Spurs doing the same actually states you can show a screen grab of the QR code................won't be anything in place to check it's YOUR QRC.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Thanks but it is this specific Premier League comment I was referring to. It seems getting into the country will be okay but Gove mentions “domestic Covid passes” for football.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...espite-falling-covid-case-numbers-says-expert

There’s also still a question mark over the day 2 test if I’m leaving on day 2. From previous experience the home office is useless at detail with cases like mine….foreign office are usually good though.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here