[Albion] Covid outbreak at spurs?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Do you really care that much about where your season ticket money goes?

I mean it's a small drop in the ocean of income of the club gets and what is paid to players. If Adam Webster or anyone else wants to use my 0.02% contribution to his yearly wage on a private chef (and that is assuming the entire cost of my season ticket goes directly to his wages) then he can knock himself out. It seems a really bizarre thing to get upset about.

If I was earning the kind of money Premier League footballers earn I'd probably treat myself to a private chef coming in and cooking for me at home from time to time, is it really any different to going to a restaurant? Only the location of where you are eating has changed.

This all day long, but only if they do the washing up, and clean the oven after though, otherwise what's the point.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Do you really care that much about where your season ticket money goes?

I mean it's a small drop in the ocean of income of the club gets and what is paid to players. If Adam Webster or anyone else wants to use my 0.02% contribution to his yearly wage on a private chef (and that is assuming the entire cost of my season ticket goes directly to his wages) then he can knock himself out. It seems a really bizarre thing to get upset about.

If I was earning the kind of money Premier League footballers earn I'd probably treat myself to a private chef coming in and cooking for me at home from time to time, is it really any different to going to a restaurant? Only the location of where you are eating has changed.

I'm surprised to be called out on here for having a dig at Harry Kane...you know, the one who cheated against Adam Lallana, winning a free kick/ pen. Oh well.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I had to show mine on entry to the Leeds game (West Upper South Entrance).

I have seen stewards checking the odd person but certainly the early games, at least in the West Upper entrance I use, queues formed as many more were being checked. I think this relates to the practicality of checking everyone's pass, something I mentioned earlier in the thread. I simply do mnot believe it will be possible to check everyone at a large scale event such as home matches at the Amex.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I mean, it's pathetic. If you're happy for your season ticket money to be spent on private chefs for the elite (I mean Webster, not Kane) then good on ya.

Why are you bothered how other people spend their money?

Either way - you can probably get a private chef to cook a 3 course meal in your house for £75-£100 per person. Not much more than a nice meal out, avoid taxis etc, treat your partner :p

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have seen stewards checking the odd person but certainly the early games, at least in the West Upper entrance I use, queues formed as many more were being checked. I think this relates to the practicality of checking everyone's pass, something I mentioned earlier in the thread. I simply do mnot believe it will be possible to check everyone at a large scale event such as home matches at the Amex.

They started by trying to check all but now they currently aim to check around 1 in 10 (or so I was told by one of the stewards). I guess if the passports are 'more mandatory' then that testing ratio might be increased but can't see them checking all of them - unless it's a specific requirement to check by law they don't necessarily 'have' to check 100%. I or people with me have had ours checked 2 or 3 times this season (never seen any checks at an away game though)

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

Either way - you can probably get a private chef to cook a 3 course meal in your house for £75-£100 per person. Not much more than a nice meal out, avoid taxis etc, treat your partner :p

If you have the money & you can afford a private chef , a housemaid & a butler why not ! Full time Housemaids start from around £30k a year , butlers £40k and a decent chef live in around £65k so if you are earning £2m a year , it’s not actually that extravagant, assuming you have a house big enough with separate staff quarters . In Brighton & especially Hove you can find a big enough house circa 5 -6000 square feet for around £2.5-3.5 million , so easily affordable for most PL players .

Ono if they have young kids throw in a couple of nannies covering 24/7 . It’s actually considered very normal in some of the more expensive areas in London .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If you have the money & you can afford a private chef , a housemaid & a butler why not ! Full time Housemaids start from around £30k a year , butlers £40k and a decent chef live in around £65k so if you are earning £2m a year , it’s not worth actually that extravagant, assuming you have a house big enough with separate staff quarters . In Brighton & especially Hove you can find a big enough house circa 5 -6000 square feet for around £2.5-3.5 million , so easily affordable for most PL players .

Ono if they have young kids throw in a couple of nannies covering 24/7 . It’s actually considered very normal in some of the more expensive areas in London .

Lets be clear - no-one is talking about a full time chef. The players who are using a chef are usually for special occasions or occasional visit over a weekend or whatever. But agreed, none of our business what players spend their money on.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
They started by trying to check all but now they currently aim to check around 1 in 10 (or so I was told by one of the stewards). I guess if the passports are 'more mandatory' then that testing ratio might be increased but can't see them checking all of them - unless it's a specific requirement to check by law they don't necessarily 'have' to check 100%. I or people with me have had ours checked 2 or 3 times this season (never seen any checks at an away game though)

…or a LFT

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

My original post was to make fun of (the cheating) Harry Kane, but now has morphed into something quite different due to 'input' from other NSC members... it's a weird universe here sometimes. You are correct, I really don't mind what Webbo spends his money on. I appreciate the sentiment...but my wife is a damn good cook and would probably be offended if I got in a private chef for the evening 🤣. Cheers 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports