Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Covers that are better than the original.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

D

Deleted member 18477

to get in the festive spirit: mariah carey - christmas (baby please come home) is better than the dated original.

Dizzee Rascal - thats not my name... 'they call me OI, they call me RUDEBOI' haha

Florence and the machine - you've got the love (as good as the original, maybe not better)

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It has been commented that my bands' cover of 'Black Magic Woman' is better that the Santana cover, made me well chuffed, that did.:mad:

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Stacey Solomon - Driving Home for Christmas. :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dizzee Rascal - thats not my name... 'they call me OI, they call me RUDEBOI' haha

He used this when he came on at Glastonbury last year. It was a pretty cool opening actually, they first played a cut up version of the Paxman interview on the big screens, then he bounced on the stage in a pin striped suit covering a very heavy version of said song with interesting variations on the lyrics 'they use the N word, that's not my name.'

I know most people will say his early stuff was cooler and had more credibility etc etc BUT he has transformed into a great pop star and entertainer. I prefer him now.

Florence and the machine - you've got the love (as good as the original, maybe not better)

God this woman is irritating. First this is not a very good cover in my opinon and I hate the way she wizzed around the same Glastonbury jumping on every stage to sing this song with whoever would have her to try to make it THE Glasto song. Contrived.

D

Deleted member 18477

He used this when he came on at Glastonbury last year. It was a pretty cool opening actually, they first played a cut up version of the Paxman interview on the big screens, then he bounced on the stage in a pin striped suit covering a very heavy version of said song with interesting variations on the lyrics 'they use the N word, that's not my name.'

I know most people will say his early stuff was cooler and had more credibility etc etc BUT he has transformed into a great pop star and entertainer. I prefer him now.

God this woman is irritating. First this is not a very good cover in my opinon and I hate the way she wizzed around the same Glastonbury jumping on every stage to sing this song with whoever would have her to try to make it THE Glasto song. Contrived.

i prefer dizzee now too.

fair opinion on florence and the machine. the world would be shit if we all liked the same stuff anyway.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[yt]9sp44sRXCUw&feature=related[/yt]

This is a brilliant cover. Well, it's two actually.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
fair opinion on florence and the machine. the world would be shit if we all liked the same stuff anyway.

I think she is great in what she has done, she is a talent etc and she seems to be very much her own person....just not my thing.

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
Jimi Hendrix All along the Watchtower knocks Dylan's version into a cocked hat, not often anyone can do a Dylan song better than him

I remember XTC making a definitely worthy cover of this too, no lead guitar at all, just punchy bass, affected stuttery vocals and a manic swirl of organ .

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here