Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Coventry match - tickets ON SALE NOW

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Annoyed that the Upper tiers are shut, but I can see why they are hedging their bets after the last cup tie.

Torn between North stand for a change or holding out for the Upper tiers to get released.

At £18 inc travel the pricing is excellent and we should at least fill the lower bowl.

This, think i will wait for the WSU, sure they will open them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What's going to happen is this...

1. People who want upper tiers wait, meaning...
2. Lower tier ticket sales are steady but not spectacular.
3. Eventually upper tier waiters consider buying lower tiers but the tickets left aren't very good.
4. Club consider they judged it right - few lower tier seats remain, decision is made to not open upper tiers.
5. Upper tier waiters miss seeing the game.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick

3. Eventually upper tier waiters consider buying lower tiers but the tickets left aren't very good.
4. Club consider they judged it right - few lower tier seats remain, decision is made to not open upper tiers.

Bozza, think the club have really underestimated this now its Sat 3pm. I may be wrong to wait and if I miss out then at least if gives someone else a chance to go.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

This occurred to me. A bit odd really.

Still not sure why they can't let you take your own seat.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
WSL for a change - wahay

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

This.

And not sure why they feel that 'the upper tiers' need to come as a set. Why not at least get WSU open, even if they hold back ESU to assess demand.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
STHers can buy up to FOUR tickets each and you don't have to allocate to a fan (so they don't need a purchase history).

This is a good opportunity to take kids to their first match, imo - especially as we might actually win.

Exactly - I'm taking my little brother (7) to only his second game because it's so easy... Perfect opportunity and hopefully he'll see his first win! (Only been to Bournemouth 2-2 New Years Day but he loved it!)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bozza, think the club have really underestimated this now its Sat 3pm. I may be wrong to wait and if I miss out then at least if gives someone else a chance to go.

I think so too. It just needs people to buy tickets to illustrate that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Exactly - I'm taking my little brother (7) to only his second game because it's so easy... Perfect opportunity and hopefully he'll see his first win! (Only been to Bournemouth 2-2 New Years Day but he loved it!)

4 * STHs and 1 * non-STH and the computer says no for me as it's making me assign the tickets.

Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 11.03.23.png

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I think the club are underestimating demand , it will be a 25k crowd easily

It's strange. Why can't they work out price of ticket makes a difference to attendance in fa cup matches.
£30 Monday night don't bother opening upper tiers.
£18 Saturday afternoon. Coventry bringing 3000. Open the upper tiers!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Totally this.

We sit at the back of the WSU. It was a deliberate decision to go to the very top because it was the only place we could get a group of us together. All in all there are nine of us there regularly while another mate has the two next to me as part of a season ticket syndicate.

Driving back last night we were weighing up whether we would get our own seats or try and get a group together somewhere else. The conclusion was we might well get our own again since the co-ordination needed to get nine together somewhere else would be a right faff. Looks like that isn't going to be an option. Likely I won't bother if the club don't open the top tiers.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's strange. Why can't they work out price of ticket makes a difference to attendance in fa cup matches.
£30 Monday night don't bother opening upper tiers.
£18 Saturday afternoon. Coventry bringing 3000. Open the upper tiers!

Coventry took 8,000 to MK Dons in the fourth round.

They'll sell out their full 4,500 entitlement, IMO.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

This is precisely what will happen. Do the club know this?

They should be encouraged to review this decision and get WSU open for ticket sales now.

The level of interest in attending this game is palpably at a completely different level to that for the Palace match. Marketed properly, including making it easy for people to buy the seats they would like, it would get close to a sell out. Minimum 25K.

If they stick with their call to keep the upper tiers closed then they will successfully choke off the initial rate of ticket purchasing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here