Coventry - a realistic chance of getting 3 points?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I have a horrible feeling that this will end up 0-0 with no shots on target from either team......I wonder what odds I can get on that!

Walker_this_way

Oct 18, 2011
Both sides are struggling at the moment so they will want the points just as much as us. Having said that, if we want to stay in this division these are the sort of teams we need to be beating because lets face it Coventry aren't a great side.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
a measly 7 points from the last 10 games (a possible 30 pts - 23 %)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No easy games in this division, but Coventry would appear to be a useful benchmark as to how much we're going to struggle this season. Should definitely be looking to pick up three points.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
--------------Harper------------
Calde------GG-------Dunky-----Vincelot
------Bridcutt--------Reyes------
--------------Vicente---------------
Buckley-------------------------Nooney
----------------CMS------------------

Subs: Casper, Paints, Spaz, KLL, Hoskins.
I think I would like to see this, if all fit.

now that is a team!!!! good pickings.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
--------------Harper------------
Calde------GG-------Dunky-----Vincelot
------Bridcutt--------Reyes------
--------------Vicente---------------
Buckley-------------------------Nooney
----------------CMS------------------

Subs: Casper, Paints, Spaz, KLL, Hoskins.
I think I would like to see this, if all fit.

I like this, except Vincelot is not a RB so I would play him & Painter and have Calde on the bench. If Reyes is not fit i would go with Spaz and have Navarro on the bench.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Given the injuries and lack of match fitness together with our loss of form I expect a tough game with Gus looking for the Albion to keep it tight and sneak a goal or two.

I find it very difficult to anticipate Gus's team changes but I do not expect Vicente or Buckley to start. I believe that Painter/Paynter will both be in and that there may be a surprise with KLL replacing Noone. I expect Calderon to play as Reyes will be unfit.

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
I hope so, 3 points is vital certainly against team like Coventry. Hopefully we put in a decent pedrormance and rack up a few goals.

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
I was at Coventry v West Ham on Saturday and Coventry were by far the better side and were utterly mugged by West Ham. I hope they play a lot worse this coming Saturday!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Coventry at home i have a bad feeling we may come a cropper in this one, 0-1 goal for coventry in last 5 mins

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Saturday is essentially the exact same situation as the last home game vs Barnsley. We're coming off the back of another poor performance and desperately need a confidence boost. I just hope luck is on our side again because for me that was the deciding factor vs Barnsley.

It's an old cliche but in this division it really is the case that there are no easy games.

This. I'd like to see a similar scoreline but this time goals from CMS from open play. That'll be the real marker to see if we're anywhere near getting our form and style back.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If we don't get 3 points from this one start planning your trip to Southend, Shrewsbury and dare I say ... Creepy!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Understandably this site has made pretty grim reading over the last 36 hours but I think we need to draw a line under the Southampton game (we were always gonna get beaten, they are better than us) and move on. We're not the best team in this division but we're not the worst either and mid-table in April will be just fine for me. We should beat Coventry and that's something to look forward to.

I think that we will have El Abd, Buckley and possibly Hoskins and Vicente available - no isn't that cause for optimism? We need to get behind the lads and roar them on to victory and not let last weekends defeat get to us.

SEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAGUUUUUUUULLLLLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Untill we can get some shots on target we will not get 3 points anywhere and CMS needs to stop running around like a headless chicken , he is making himself look ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports