Court case involving Albion players - the (new) only thread allowed - ALL found NOT GUILTY

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Fully expecting this to get deleted, however...

If this woman has told "a pack of lies" as has been proven by jury in a court of law, then she should face the consequences. There's something very different between regretting what she has done, and going to the police for rape. She should be charged for wasting police time, court time, lying in court, whatever else they can throw at her.

Obviously the players are by no means angels, what they did was stupid to say the least, but they're young, I wonder how many times this sort of thing has happened at different clubs and gone unreported. Certainly when I used to be in Brighton there were young women in short skirts practically throwing themselves at the players in clubs / bars.

As well, doesn't this just highlight the fact that people charged with rape should remain anonymous until proven guilty of these horrendous crimes? So much for innocent until proven guilty...

Isn't lying in a trial contempt of court?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The players have been found not guilty. This does not necessarily mean that she lied; it just means that the jury did not consider it to be beyond reasonable doubt.

I do however agree with the sentiment, and there have been cases where women have been proven to have made false rape allegations just because they regretted their decision to sleep with someone the morning after.

Yes, but it's unbelievably rare! "...over a 17-month period in England and Wales there were 5,651 prosecutions for rape and 35 prosecutions for making false rape allegations...." http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/mar/14/conflicting-views-false-rape-allegations

I'm not making any assertions about this case - I don't know the facts and none of the people; merely responding to the general comment.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Because the case has been dropped therefore he doesn't have to answer anything and is innocent.

Is the first one of your 'Facts' a crime?

The only one he had to answer he was found guilty of, nothing more nothing less

Anyone know how to read properly? I never said it was a crime, I said he was involved directly and indirectly in 3 criminal offences, Fact 1 shows he was indirectly involved (although some may say directly).

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Can someone tell me if KLL was called as a witness to this case and asked questions about his alleged intent to make photos and videos public?

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
I gotta say that the whole thing is simply an appalling waste of police and court time and more especially money: anyone like to guess what this farce cost? I know that we now live in a politically correct age but the whole thing has been a dismal farce prolonged by Sussex's finest who really (and could easily) have found something more important to investigate and prosecute...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
This young lady has been very poorly advised, lets hope everyone now moves on, lessons have been learnt I am sure by all parties involved

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Court case involving Albion players - the (new) only thread allowed - ALL found

If the other case against Lualua wasn't dropped this week he would have avoided being mentioned in relation to this one. Bad timing for him.

black & white seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Brighton
Fully expecting this to get deleted, however...

If this woman has told "a pack of lies" as has been proven by jury in a court of law, then she should face the consequences. There's something very different between regretting what she has done, and going to the police for rape. She should be charged for wasting police time, court time, lying in court, whatever else they can throw at her.

Obviously the players are by no means angels, what they did was stupid to say the least, but they're young, I wonder how many times this sort of thing has happened at different clubs and gone unreported. Certainly when I used to be in Brighton there were young women in short skirts practically throwing themselves at the players in clubs / bars.

As well, doesn't this just highlight the fact that people charged with rape should remain anonymous until proven guilty of these horrendous crimes? So much for innocent until proven guilty...

I believe (and I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong) that the verdict doesn't mean the players didn't do the things they were accused of, it means that their actions didn't constitute sexual assault and/or voyeurism.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I gotta say that the whole thing is simply an appalling waste of police and court time and more especially money: anyone like to guess what this farce cost? I know that we now live in a politically correct age but the whole thing has been a dismal farce prolonged by Sussex's finest who really (and could easily) have found something more important to investigate and prosecute...

how's about that then guys and gals

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Court case involving Albion players - the (new) only thread allowed - ALL fou...

I hope everyone involved in the case takes a long look at themselves and learn from the whole debacle.

KLL sounds like he needs to get on the straight and narrow fairly quick.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yes, but it's unbelievably rare! "...over a 17-month period in England and Wales there were 5,651 prosecutions for rape and 35 prosecutions for making false rape allegations...." http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/mar/14/conflicting-views-false-rape-allegations

I'm not making any assertions about this case - I don't know the facts and none of the people; merely responding to the general comment.

It doesn't surprise me that it's rare. I've had plenty sexual encounters with a number of women - all consensual I'd like to add - however I would have never be able to provide any proof that the lucky lady in each case gave consent if I had been challenged to. I'd imagine you'd have to be very lucky to find some evidence of a false allegation, CCTV footage etc.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I believe (and I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong) that the verdict doesn't mean the players didn't do the things they were accused of, it means that their actions didn't constitute sexual assault and/or voyeurism.

Or, that there wasn't enough evidence/the prosecution didn't do their job well enough to prove that they did it.

A "not guilty" verdict doesn't automatically mean the accuser is lying.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012

I think though I'd have to make some enquiries that it has to be hugely obvious that its a false claim for a prosecution and therefore I think fixed penalty notices are used for wasting Police time. I wouldn't want victims to be scared to make an allegation if they thought they wouldn't be believed so that's a good thing, but its frustrating that genuine victims are deterred due to poor prosecution rates which are in turn partly due to a minority of false claims.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Sexual assault makes it sound a lot more serious than it actually was. Sussex police and the CPS have pursued an allegation that 2 drunk footballers got their non-erect willies out in the presence of a drunk girl who had fallen asleep in their hotel room bed after having gone back with them in an attempt to make her ex-boyfriend jealous.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Perhaps, but on the other hand, what about Stuart hall who was initially accused of a small number of rapes and him being named led to justice for 14 victims. What about all the victims who now feel they can come forward and will be believed and have their claims taken seriously because the high profile nature of the other big name presenters/celebrities being caught by operation yew tree?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It doesn't surprise me that it's rare. I've had plenty sexual encounters with a number of women - all consensual I'd like to add - however I would have never be able to provide any proof that the lucky lady in each case gave consent if I had been challenged to. I'd imagine you'd have to be very lucky to find some evidence of a false allegation, CCTV footage etc.

True enough, but in 5651 cases the police provided enough evidence to the CPS to persuade them to prosecute for rape. That only happened 35 times over the same period for false rape allegations. CCTV footage is incredibly rare in rape cases too - the vast majority of rapes are committed by someone the victim knows, usually away from CCTV cameras...

Anyway, this probably isn't the place for a full blown discussion about the merits or otherwise of E&W rape legislation, police willingness to look for evidence, CPS willingness to prosecute and juries to convict! I'll shut up on this topic now...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Four Brighton footballers NOT guilty of sexually humiliating sleeping teenager #bhafc #afcb
No surprise there.
Lua Lua really sounds like an utter c unit doesn't he, complete attention seeking drama queen.
What has he done wrong? Oh that's right, nothing at all.

CourtNewsUK ‏@CourtNewsUK 8m
Victim in Brighton footballers sex trial claimed she went to police after Kasenga LuaLua threatened to post indecent vids of her on YouTube
So she may have reported the players as vengeance for Kaz being mean to her.

Tiem to get rid whether you like him as a footballer or not, he has now been involved, directly or indirectly in 3 criminal offences in the last year or so. :(
No he hasn't. A jury has just found that no offence took place in this case. And up north, a lot of soldiers were involved in a fight - well there's a surprise (and that really isn't a dig against soldiers, who our country constantly owes a debt of gratitude towards, but soldiers, thankfully, do like fighting.

But despite forensic tests on all the players' phones, only one photograph was found on Barker's phone.

It showed the sleeping woman with shaving foam spelling out GB on her thigh.

Barker was next to her doing a thumbs-up sign and smiling.
Was there any evidence to suggest a crime had been committed?
She complained to police about the players six months later after getting into a volatile relationship with another player, Kazenga LuaLua.
So she feels that she was sexually assaulted by some players, and later decides to date one of their team mates. That seems very unusual.

Police have been unable to find anyone at the club who had seen pictures of the woman.
How did this get to court in the first place?
Missing work a month later because she was at Gay Pride celebrations and telling her bosses she had been drugged.
Wow!
The woman hoped she would be taken out by Redwood on July 16, but started kissing and dancing with another player, Roland Bergkamp, after seeing him with another girl.
Good god :facepalm:

She said she was not drunk and could remember nothing after taking a drink in the club.

But her friend said they had each drunk between 10 and 15 shots of alcohol and shared a bottle of wine.
Is there anything coming out of the court that gives her any credence at all?

So Kaz was involved. What a surprise.
Well he wasn't involved in alleged crime, but he did date the girl, and then wound her up. With no further details that sounds pretty horrible, but we don't know what (or who) she'd done to upset Kaz.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports