Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Courier Wars

The Original

Jan 25, 2010
50.83295°N 0.26815°W
Hermes - twice let down in the last fortnight by these incompetent goons. Amazon and Boden deliveries never materialized despite protestations they had made 'several' delivery attempts over a period of 3 days. To make matters worse they later marked the Amazon package as 'delivered' on their online order tracking system despite this meaning they had actually taken it back to their own depot with a classification of Undeliverable!

On the plus side, Parcel Force always very good. I like the man from Yodel as he always turns up in a Seagulls beanie hat...

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Another one on time from DPD, plus one from Royal Mail.

Google Now is proving to be extremely useful in keeping tracks on this lot. Unusually Amazon have bowled me a googly. I know that all sorts of vendors sell through the Amazon website, but one of the presents I purchased on 14/12 has just been dispatched, via China Post. Just as well it was only a little extra present.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
Been waiting all day for a Yodel delivery and still no sign of it despite leaving the depot, which is only 20 miles away, at 7.30 this morning. Ordered it yesterday morning at 9.30am and paid extra for next day delivery (which I subsequently discover means any time up to 9pm!!) Would have been quicker to have gone to Mansfield and have collected the package myself.

I seriously would pay a supplier extra for them to not use the likes of Yodel and Hermes.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
As a shareholder can everyone, buyers & deliverers, tell me there are loads & loads of ASOS packages out there!?Thanks

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
We shipped all our stuff to Norway; kitchen equipment, pictures, clothes, loads of stuff, in boxes. We used an agent called 'parcel hero' from the interweb. Basically they sort the particular couriers and just get the stuff from A-B. All i know is the first leg was done by UPS. And the driver was very nice :)

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I like the Hermes service,... good website for costing, paying and printing package labels. Clear instructions, and a good network of parcelshops to drop them at ( they will pick up too at a quid more),.... they have become my shipper of choice.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I once had a card through the door saying that my parcel was in my 'designated safe place'.

Turned out they had put it in the wheelie bin.

I had that.........except they done it on the bin collection day........ Of course it was destroyed (was a few shirts delivered by Yodel) but they did get me the same products to me a few days later and i did get a £20 voucher as an apology.

Got 2 parcels today from Yodel. 1 was a new Sat Nav which turned up at 3PM and was actually delivered by an Albion fan, of which i knew this as the guy was wearing a blue BHAFC hat. Other item is a canvas print, which is nowhere to be seen.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Going against the grain here, but I've used Hermes without any problems before (sending a Playstation console). My Dad uses CityLink, without any problems as well. I guess that goes for individual packages, if you're in charge of a company regularly dispatching dozens of parcels, perhaps go with what other people have said.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I have found that the service you get from a courier company often depends on what the driver is like, some are very good and some really poor and once the driver changes, the company who seem poor suddenly get a lot better with a new driver and vice versa.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Dpd are by far the best, their map tracking is amazing

Hermes throw packages over gates etc.. Even when people are in

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One of my sons delivers for Hermes and they are paid 65p per package irrespective of how many times they have to go to the address to attempt delivery so are obviously not going to make too many attempts. Obviously some drivers are better than others and we only hear of the bad ones but the other side of the coin as an example is my son had a parcel on Mon day that required a signature. nobody at home so he didnt leave it. He attempted delivery every day leaving a card asking the householder to ring him, eventually on Thursday evening after 4 attempts at delivery man phoned and said he is only ever at home at weekends so would be in Saturday unless he had gone out shopping but if so would be back within the hour before going out again. He would just have to keep trying to catch the man in............All this for 65p. Why order something on line without giving delivery instructions if he knew he wouldnt be at home, so it isnt all one sided.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
One of my sons delivers for Hermes and they are paid 65p per package irrespective of how many times they have to go to the address to attempt delivery so are obviously not going to make too many attempts. Obviously some drivers are better than others and we only hear of the bad ones but the other side of the coin as an example is my son had a parcel on Mon day that required a signature. nobody at home so he didnt leave it. He attempted delivery every day leaving a card asking the householder to ring him, eventually on Thursday evening after 4 attempts at delivery man phoned and said he is only ever at home at weekends so would be in Saturday unless he had gone out shopping but if so would be back within the hour before going out again. He would just have to keep trying to catch the man in............All this for 65p. Why order something on line without giving delivery instructions if he knew he wouldnt be at home, so it isnt all one sided.
I work for Hermes so can understand his frustration. In that situation i would try to leave it with a neihbour or safe place and sign for it myself. I have worked for them quite a long time and not got in trouble for it before.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Anyone seen the Courier Company that uses cargo bikes to deliver in Brighton?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here