Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

County Championship Finale

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A wicket for Lyth :laugh:

240 from 40 overs to win.

Generous.

It's off 38 overs but I still think it's a bit generous, I'd have batted for a couple more overs and gone past 250

EDIT. No, tea has been taken so they don't lose the two overs

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Yeah use all the capitals you want. I don't agree with you.

I agree with you. In my view this situation has been fixed.. I know it happens all the time in cricket, mind you. That said, if this was Sussex in Yorkshire's position I wouldn't be complaining :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A wicket for Lyth... Franklin deliberately lobbed it back for a c&b. :laugh:

Middlesex 359-6 declared... 124 from the last 10 overs.

240 from 40 overs to win for Yorkshire.

Generous.

Wow. VERY generous.

Bet you can't get 2/1 on a Yorkshire win any more!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I agree with you. In my view this situation has been fixed.. I know it happens all the time in cricket, mind you. That said, if this was Sussex in Yorkshire's position I wouldn't be complaining :lolol:

No - you'd be hallucinating.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Thus taking Somerset out of the reckoning.

:)
Yes, it's called sport. Would you have preferred that the game just petered out into a stalemate? Middlesex would then have been derided for settling for second place instead of it being a proper contest.

Anyway, if Yorkshire don't score quickly enough and with the level for bad light already set, Somerset are not out of the reckoning yet. It just means all teams can still win.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Had Sussex been in Somerset's position, I wonder if some of the support for this carve up would be quite as generous.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yes, it's called sport. Would you have preferred that the game just petered out into a stalemate? Middlesex would then have been derided for settling for second place instead of it being a proper contest.

Anyway, if Yorkshire don't score quickly enough and with the level for bad light already set, Somerset are not out of the reckoning yet. It just means all teams can still win.
No I'd have preferred them to play proper cricket.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

But I'd have preferred Middlesex to set a stiffer target - Yorks had to for it even if were seven or eight an over

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Pretty sure it's 40 overs, not 38. Reason for early tea is so the overs don't need reducing.

I used to be quite up on cricket until about 3 years ago, so there may have been a few rule changes since..

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Wow. VERY generous.

Bet you can't get 2/1 on a Yorkshire win any more!
The bookie odds will be an interesting barometer of the experts' view.

My view is that if joke bowling can look a bit tricky to get away then it won't be easy for Yorks.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Yorkshire are 8/11 with Bet365. I think that's tempting. 6 an over isnt big these days, but it's worth remembering there's no fielding restrictions in this format. That said you'd expect Middlesex to have a pretty attacking field. Especially to the likes of Finn.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
But I'd have preferred Middlesex to set a stiffer target - Yorks had to for it even if were seven or eight an over
Agree that I was surprised at the target but I'm not convinced it'll be easy to score quickly on this wicket and it's not like a limited overs game as there are no fielding restrictions etc.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The bookie odds will be an interesting barometer of the experts' view.

My view is that if joke bowling can look a bit tricky to get away then it won't be easy for Yorks.

Perversely Somerset's best chance of winning, is probably an early Yorkshire collapse, leading to them shutting up shop. Middlesex need to steadily take wickets, but need Yorks to still be in with a shout.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Perversely Somerset's best chance of winning, is probably an early Yorkshire collapse, leading to them shutting up shop. Middlesex need to steadily take wickets, but need Yorks to still be in with a shout.
Yorks are 3rd with a draw or loss.

If they win then they make history. They will go unusually hard for these runs. I reckon Somerset have almost no chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here