Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**County Championship Division Two, Sussex v Derbyshire at Hove, May 28-31, 2016**

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Brilliant win and maximum 24 points, shame 20 20 gets in the way now, did I hear someone say we lose 2 games (one home, one away) next season to accommodate the 20 20 games

Roll on Arundel and Northamptonshire starting on the 22nd June

Attachments

• Table 11.jpg
    Table 11.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 183

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Brilliant win and maximum 24 points, shame 20 20 gets in the way now, did I hear someone say we lose 2 games (one home, one away) next season to accommodate the 20 20 games

Roll on Arundel and Northamptonshire starting on the 22nd June

Hold on - we play eachother twice don't we?

If so, we are nearly half way through the season and the rain hasn't even stopped - that's flaming mental

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
1 goes up, 2 come down. Both divisions will be 14 games, so yes we will lose fixtures irrespective of which division we are in. #ECBshambles

How does that work with 10 teams in Division 2? Obviously can't play each other home and away.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Not if we go up.

I am still confused

From 2017, Division One will be reduced from nine to eight teams. Division Two will increase to 10 teams. In the top flight, all the teams will still play each other home and away, a total of 14 games. In the second tier, they will also play 14 games, meaning that each county will only play four of the other counties once during the season, creating a slight imbalance.

How does this only playing four teams home and away work, thats where I am a bit lost, its very NFL conference stuff

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I am still confused

From 2017, Division One will be reduced from nine to eight teams. Division Two will increase to 10 teams. In the top flight, all the teams will still play each other home and away, a total of 14 games. In the second tier, they will also play 14 games, meaning that each county will only play four of the other counties once during the season, creating a slight imbalance.

How does this only playing four teams home and away work, thats where I am a bit lost, its very NFL conference stuff

If we are team 1 then we'll play against:

Home

Away

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here