Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***County Championship Division 2, Sussex v Worcestershire, New Road, 6-9 August***

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Having referred quickly to wiki to confirm that George Rhodes is indeed the son of Steve, I'm very disappointed to read that he's NOT a wicketkeeper, like his father (Worcestershire and England) and his Grandfather (Nottinghamshire) before him. I love stuff like that.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Having referred quickly to wiki to confirm that George Rhodes is indeed the son of Steve, I'm very disappointed to read that he's NOT a wicketkeeper, like his father (Worcestershire and England) and his Grandfather (Nottinghamshire) before him. I love stuff like that.

Some Monty Python style sketch beckons - Dad I know you and Granddad and Great Grandad and Great Great Great Grandad were all wicket keepers but I just want to bat, then bat some more and just bat and never wear those sweaty smelly gloves again.

Son you have shamed the family your banished to the IPL and City Franchise never return to these part again.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Some Monty Python style sketch beckons - Dad I know you and Granddad and Great Grandad and Great Great Great Grandad were all wicket keepers but I just want to bat, then bat some more and just bat and never wear those sweaty smelly gloves again.

Son you have shamed the family your banished to the IPL and City Franchise never return to these part again.

But it is true that wicket keepers seem to run in the family: Griffiths, Parks, Bairstows, Knotts etc

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I have always thought you need a bit of a screw loose to be a wicket keeper, bonkers position to play.

My son's the keeper for his team: I've never done it. I'm wondering how to coach him as none of the coaches for our team have done it either. I'm at the County Ground on Thurs and I'm going to have a word with the coaching staff there - the club run batting and bowling courses but keepers are left to fend for themselves

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
My son's the keeper for his team: I've never done it. I'm wondering how to coach him as none of the coaches for our team have done it either. I'm at the County Ground on Thurs and I'm going to have a word with the coaching staff there - the club run batting and bowling courses but keepers are left to fend for themselves

Sussex have always had great wicket keepers, so they must do something right down there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here