Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Country pub for food near Arundel ish

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Funnily enough, I did read the whole thread, but as I have already explained, as I'll be down in WS, I've made the choice of looking at two pubs.
Won't really have enough time to check out the others :thumbsup:
So why pick one pub that gets slammed called a cafeteria, average, a glorified Harvester, and rank ordinary?
Esp as you'll have to drive past one recommendation in Houghton, and you can all but see another in Burpham, from the Black Rabbit.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
So why pick one pub that gets slammed called a cafeteria, average, a glorified Harvester, and rank ordinary?
Esp as you'll have to drive past one recommendation in Houghton, and you can all but see another in Burpham, from the Black Rabbit.

I'm sorry I didn't realise that I had to run pub choices through you.
One persons recommendation is not necessarily the choice of others.
I'm quite happy eating out of a cafeteria, or a glorified Harvester :thumbsup:

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
It really has. The best rural pub restaurant in that part of Sussex by a 'country' mile.

I havnt been there for at least 10 years , but never failed to be disappointed with the poor quality food ,and ambience there , such a great location deserves a good place to dine too ,
will have a look soon !

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Had dinner at the Sportsman in Amberley last night, a very nice steak and chips, (local butcher), very reasonable price, three pints of exception beer from the Greyhound Brewery range. I still recommend the place despite others having had a poor experience there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here