Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Countdown to transfer deadline.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As we approach the last few days of the transfer window who would we like to see brought in.

I would like Gus to go after Johnny Jackson of Charlton a good defensive left sided midfielder who can play full back and would give better cover to Painter than he gets at the moment and with Harley Bridcutt and Noone would give us a very strong midfield. both defensively and attacking.

horam267

Feb 24, 2010
Id like a premiership striker on loan please, no idea why just feel it would finish the squad nicely.
Poss defensive cover, but i wont be too upset if we dont do anymore dealings.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Am I the only one not really bothered as I think we will have all the players we need

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
With us only likely to receive bids for Bridcutt, Dunk, Noone, Dicker, Harley, Calderon, Greer, CMS and Barnes we should come out the other side of Wednesday with the first team vaguely intact..... hopefully.

:)

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Bit of a pointless thread as unless we lose half the squad in the next three days we all know the only business Gus is looking to do is bring in a 'Striker with presence' :moo:

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Would love to have a spare keeper that I would feel comfortable with if Casper ever got injured or suspended for racking up too many yellows for time wasting..

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Am I the only one not really bothered as I think we will have all the players we need

I suppose "this".

Only slight concern is up top and perhaps Brezovan as cover in goal, not in what we've got, but more if we have an injury to any of the 3 we are down to 2 first team strikers and thus no options off the bench. Perhaps a loan striker whose wages could be shared with his parent club, who would offer us a plan B on occassions we are being physically outplayed.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Given that we've looked short on the bench recently for forwards then a striker is essential, even if it causes a selection headache for Gus when all are fit. Would still like more cover at the back but if Gus thinks we are OK then you've got to go with that. Can't see us losing anyone at this late stage apart from some of the Dev. squad going out on loan which will help.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Big, nasty forward who can defend, for when we play 'direct' teams like Southampton. Also would give us a 'plan J'!!!!

A defender on loan, until El Abd is fit to provide cover.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
CB cover and a target man forward. i would like to see a defensive midfielder come in for away games where we can't play our game, but Navarro should be given a chance.

Im Not A JCL

Aug 29, 2011
BN15
Painter & Calderon are too slow, and think we can get away with Calde because of his class........so a left back and striker....................we might need a keeper soon thougj

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Painter & Calderon are too slow, and think we can get away with Calde because of his class........so a left back and striker....................we might need a keeper soon thougj

Well I doubt if either of our full-backs are sub-10-seconds-over-100-metres-merchants, but they've both done pretty darn well thus far haven't they? And why a new 'keeper soon if there's bugger-all wrong with the one we have??

Sake.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I still think we could do with some defensive cover - with Dunk closing in on a suspension, and El Abd and Tommy still out, we could end up a bit thin on the ground. Plus, an older player with prem. experience (anywhere) that could be this season's equivalent of Kish.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I understand those suggesting players that add something, i.e. the striker with presence that Gus has cited, but why are people questioning the quality of those we have?

The squad we have, despite injuries to two centre backs, an attacking winger and a striker, has remained undefeated, tops the championship, and has eliminated a decent strength premier league side.
Painter may not be challenging usain bolt, but he has played his part in three clean sheets this year, despite not often having a recognised winger protecting him (often relying on Barnes who also has to play as a striker at the same time leaving him exposed on counter attacks)
Brezovan may not be particularly comfortable with the ball at his feet, but he has played 9 competitive games in the past 16 months and only lost two of them, (one of which being against a premier league team using the tactics that beat liverpool, arsenal, and others, the other being a game after we had won the league and weren't playing our strongest side)
With Taricco able to slot into right back and calderon move into centre back, with steve cook, two weeks off with vincelot expected back soon after, we have enough defensive cover until El Abd and Elphick are fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here