Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Countdown to 10 more wins / 90 points (from 1st Feb).......

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Mixed feelings after this weeks midweek results - Newcastle dropping points but Reading & Leeds closing the gap. Yes, we have games in hand but it's hard not to look at the gap closing - so in the interests of just worrying about ourselves, one game at a time towards reaching the magic 90 point target here goes.......

10 more wins / 30 points to go :thumbsup::albion: ..........UTA !

Yes but if we take it one game at a time, we are top tomorrow after playing Huddersfield.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Isn't this a bit billy-big-bollocks? One game at a time, focus on ourselves and how we do as a team. Anyone can beat anyone in this league.

This thread certainly wasn't intended to come across as Billy big bollocks - our form this season suggests that 10 wins or 30 points out of 19 games / 57 possible points is within the realms of possibility. So I'm simply trying to focus on this as a target for ourselves rather than keep looking at what the teams around us are doing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
one game at a time towards reaching the magic 90 point target here goes.......
90? Leeds have 22 from their last 10 games. That's a decent return, but not so great that it's unthinkable they'll continue, and if they do they'll get 37 points from their last 17 games, putting them on 91 points. It's a similar story with Reading, who have 21 from their last 10, and continuing that form would put them on 91 too.

90 isn't the target. If you offered me 90 points now, I wouldn't take it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Can we all agree that 12 wins will definitely do it?!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If you look at the remaining fixtures

9 @ Home and 6 of those we should win leaving 3 that are difficult Reading, Newcastle and Leeds. So we should be looking at a minimum of 18 points = 78 play off position

10 games away and potentially of which only Barnsley and Rotherham "look" the more likely to yield a win = 6 points = 84 points in total

So I am looking at it this way if the magic number is 10 wins that looks achievable if we can scrape two wins from unlikely sources such as the next two games.

I am extremely apprehensive about tonight, wondering which way it will go and if we will have the mental strength to see this through to the end. This month is pivotal and a solid month could see us on a maximum of 81 points with 12 games left, that is not inconceivable...

Faith or Freakout ....

I cant take much of this, every night the permutations run through my mind............ FrEaKoUt

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I see Newcastle still have fixtures against Leeds and Reading who also play each other so points will be dropped there one way or the other.

Exactly this. Both of them won't be challenging us, unless we fall spectacularly, which is conceivable if unlikely.
What we want from the challengers when they play against each other, is that they draw, thereby collectively yielding two points rather than three.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
When I looked at our remaining fixtures in comparison to positions in the table after the Cardiff game, we still had to play 12 from the bottom 13, and 7 from the top 11.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
90? Leeds have 22 from their last 10 games. It's a similar story with Reading, who have 21 from their last 10,

Nothing to worry about Brighton have 24 from our last ten games......Keep that up and we`ll be out of sight..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nothing to worry about Brighton have 24 from our last ten games......Keep that up and we`ll be out of sight..
Of course, but the point is, 90 points is not the target. It's not a count down to 90 points and then celebrate.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can we all agree that 12 wins will definitely do it?!
10 wins should be more than enough, as we'd get some draws too. 90 points may be enough, but may not.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you look at the remaining fixtures

9 @ Home and 6 of those we should win
But as Newcastle showed last night, you don't always win the games you think you should.

I am extremely apprehensive about tonight, wondering which way it will go and if we will have the mental strength to see this through to the end.
I have no doubt that the team have the mental strength. No doubt at all. My concerns are that you don't always win games you deserve to win, you can get bad decisions against you, or injuries.

I cant take much of this, every night the permutations run through my mind............ FrEaKoUt
Indeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here