Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Councillors on parade buses... why?!

Shorehamkid

Aug 3, 2011
It's not just the councillors being on the buses that is putting me off... this is about the biggest polar opposite to the celebrations on April 17th that you can get. For those of us who were lucky enough to be at the Wigan match on Easter Monday and those 200 or so of us even luckier ones who got to celebrate with the players on the train and down Queens Road into West Street this is a little bit sh*t in comparison.

Nothing will ever compare to that but the rules, rules and more rules of this and the mandatory threat of a ban in the release from the club just leave me feeling rather underwhelmed really. Zones and 4 drink maximums... laughable.

I'll probably still end up going though so maybe I should just crawl back under the rock from which I came.

I should think the allure of being furnished with free drink and food was too much to turn down for most of the freeloading tossers.

The pigs already have their snouts in the trough.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Sadly unlike the previous FOUR celebrations the Albion it seems has go a bit tight and it's fair enough what with what Stephens may have cost,anyway unlike the previous 4,there won't be any Silverware on display :whistle:

Unless one includes the runners up trophy made of plastic? :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If he is still a neighbor then i assume one will not be forthcoming on any (extremely remote) chance of your assistance in obtaining a ticket when we play,like i say extremely remote.
I was about to say of course not, but then I remembered I got him tickets for their game at the Withdean. Maybe I didn't know about his Falmer vote then. He went when we beat them at the Amex, but he got the tickets himself. It's not so easy to get people tickets now, and I won't be giving up mine for anyone.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I was about to say of course not, but then I remembered I got him tickets for their game at the Withdean. Maybe I didn't know about his Falmer vote then. He went when we beat them at the Amex, but he got the tickets himself. It's not so easy to get people tickets now, and I won't be giving up mine for anyone.

:lolol: hopefully you did not..

He Sounds a bit of a (add whatever) to me....

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
I should think the allure of being furnished with free drink and food was too much to turn down for most of the freeloading tossers.

The pigs already have their snouts in the trough.

Agreed

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Being cynical for a moment,the council only really seemed (i say seemed as it's a while ago now) to want to be involved when they saw the strength of feeling at the referendum for having Albion homed possibly at Falmer in 1999..

Prior to that things were always a little distant in reality.

Prior to 1997, Brighton Borough Council had very little to do with Brighton & Hove Albion.

Hove Borough Council, meanwhile, put on a bus parade and civic reception for the club in 1979 and 1983.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Highly unlikely, seeing as (a) she's not an MP at present and (b) has nothing to do with the council.

Just wondering why you didn't include Peter Kyle in that question.

He is a member of a party that tries, unsuccesfully to determine our political route, she is just a waste of space on a wasted vote for idealists and will never be any different.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
He is a member of a party that tries, unsuccesfully to determine our political route, she is just a waste of space on a wasted vote for idealists and will never be any different.

I'm no Green supporter but she has a far bigger majority than either Peter Kyle or Simon 'Invisible' Kirby. That said, if there was any reason for any of the three to be on the bus I'd suggest it would be Kirby as he claims to be a season ticket holder. Although I doubt any of them will be on the bus.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Feel better now?

Seeing as you have no idea what she stands for, nor incidentally does that post make any sense, I suppose your political belch there is in itself (to use your parlance) wasted. Never mind.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'm no Green supporter but she has a far bigger majority than either Peter Kyle or Simon 'Invisible' Kirby. That said, if there was any reason for any of the three to be on the bus I'd suggest it would be Kirby as he claims to be a season ticket holder. Although I doubt any of them will be on the bus.

I doubt it too.

BG is - not for the first time - confusing MPs with councillors. This is a council event, so there would be no reason for any MPs (not that they are MPs at present) to be there.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I suspect it's principally because this is a Brighton & Hove City Council event, where they have invited the club on an open top bus parade.

If previous years are anything to go by, there will be two buses - one for the players and management and club dignitaries, and one for 'others'. I doubt all councillors will be there, just the Council Leader, the Mayor and the Chief Executive. Maybe one or two other hangers-on.

I posted this on the other thread, but there will be four buses. Two open top and the two Albion buses with Matt Grimstone and Jacob Schilt on them. Source is an email from B&HBuses. I think the councillors will be in the enclosed buses (just a guess).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Best to boo any glory hunting politicians who appear on stage. They can butt out of the occasion.

Other than Councillor Warren Morgan who is purportedly a lifetime club stalwart. To support this, he does have the appearance of someone who enjoys Pig's Pantry x a lot.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
I posted this on one of the bus parade threads but I feel it's worth one of its own as I'm genuinely bemused and if anything is putting me off going, it's this...

There are plenty on here who email Paul Barber almost daily with various questions, ideas, moans and critiques. Can one of you on first name terms with him fire one over and ask him why and what the f**k councillors are doing on the bus? Can anyone actually think of a logical reason why they are there?

Can't even give them the finger and dogs abuse as the route will be full of kids and families. I thought it was buses they were riding on not a bandwagon.

agree, most of them wouldnt know a football if it hit em in the face

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here