Council house help...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Just wanna take this opportunity once again to thank everyone for their support and help. You're all helping so much. I've been fighting this on my own for too long, so having you guys agreeing with me and my situation is a real boost.

This bearded prat will fight on!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Blaming immigrants for the waiting list when there's a shortage of housing is also pretty disgusting.

Shutting down the debate wont help. Its not 'disgusting'. The causes seem to be the stuff the right complains about like immigration combined with the stuff the left complains about like selling off council house stock and lack of housebuilding. The majority of us who don't see politics as some sort of tribalistic football team pursuit can see that there is right and wrong on both sides as with every other political issue. Good luck OP, hopefully common sense will prevail. Remain polite and respectful (as you have said you are doing) and don't give up. It might be that you just need to find the one person at the council who sympathises with your position and is prepared to help.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Good luck OP, hopefully common sense will prevail. Remain polite and respectful (as you have said you are doing) and don't give up. It might be that you just need to find the one person at the council who sympathises with your position and is prepared to help.

Thank you very much. This is EXACTLY how I see it as well. Surely that one person works at the council?!?! Fingers crossed.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Just wanna take this opportunity once again to thank everyone for their support and help. You're all helping so much. I've been fighting this on my own for too long, so having you guys agreeing with me and my situation is a real boost.

Good on you. Most posts are helpfull. Some posters vere from the problem and want to take a politicised angle.

"A Bearded Prat" love it ,I hope you get what you want/deserve.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
And I'm sure your kids must have schooling needs and such a move could disrupt their education? I know what you mean about being told you have to accept or be knocked off the list, it's bullying.

As for Council housing, my European neighbours moved on in, had their house adapted for 'special needs' and are now looking to buy it 'on the cheap'.

That makes my shit itch :), at least charge the ****ers full value....

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne

Get you a beer at your brothers wedding, I also have plenty of shit to talk about! We can spend the night talking shit and dad dancing, always a winner :)

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Really sorry to hear all this JBizzle, probably a lost cause but if you signed a 25-year lease on your current property do you not have any legal standing to resist eviction?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

blimey and I thought we had it bad both in our 70s and the most stressful move ever (and we have had a few) we are in now and beginning to settle down a bit just read your thread and can only say we have had it rather easy reading your blight.
can only wish you well and hope things work out for you.
it never ceases to amaze me just how NSC is like a band of brothers, boys and girls from every possible spectrum, and always there to help even if its only (particularly in my case with a bit of moral support)
be lucky

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Blaming immigrants for the waiting list when there's a shortage of housing is also pretty disgusting.
no whats really disgusting is the way sanctimonious tossers like you push an agenda without any thought on the effect it has on lots of people , though none on yourself obviously :wanker:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I have councillor Dawn Barnett on our side at the moment and she also agrees that common sense is just not being used in this current situation at present.

You have the best councillor on the whole of the council helping you so hopefully that will be of some comfort. Hopefully she's also got Tony Janio involved as well - the pair are not to be messed with.

I can't provide any advice as I've never been in your situation but I will say that when I was out of work and trying to claim council tax relief that the council employees I had to interact with were some of the biggest jobs worth, stupid, contradictory muppets, ignorant, unhelpful, lazy tossers on the planet - I feel your pain. They really couldn't hold down a real job ! They don't even know what their own website asks you to fill in when applying for something !!!!!!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

In all fairness they have probably exacerbated the situation as they have to be housed by whatever local council they end up with. Immigration on the scales seen was never envisaged hence lack of social housing

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
no whats really disgusting is the way sanctimonious tossers like you push an agenda without any thought on the effect it has on lots of people , though none on yourself obviously :wanker:

Got any kind words for the posters bringing their immigration politics on to this thread?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Sorry OP, dunno why I bit, didn't mean to contribute to any derailment. Originally popped by to see how it was all going. Have a :bounce:

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
It's ok. These things happen. We all feel strongly about different things.

No news just yet but I will of course update you all on here every step of the way.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Get you a beer at your brothers wedding, I also have plenty of shit to talk about! We can spend the night talking shit and dad dancing, always a winner :)

Looking forward to it mate. Hopefully by then this whole mess will have been sorted and I will have started getting my life back on track again!

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Really sorry to hear all this JBizzle, probably a lost cause but if you signed a 25-year lease on your current property do you not have any legal standing to resist eviction?

From what I'm hearing it's just 'one of those things', Biscuit. Nobody else has picked up on this fact ie Dawn Barnett etc.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
From what I'm hearing it's just 'one of those things', Biscuit. Nobody else has picked up on this fact ie Dawn Barnett etc.

Might have been a clause with them able to give notice etc but I haven't heard of one them before. When you finally talk to someone worthwhile, you'll probably get sorted, you need to put a formal complaint in about ASAP as you may guess they take their time responding and then it will reach the upper echelons of the council quicker than trying to talk to people outside the complaints system.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports