Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could UKIP win the General Election ?

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Well maybe if you didn't brand every UKIP supporter as a racist nutter then you might look a little more intelligent.
And maybe if you could understand plain English, you'd realise that I didn't " brand every UKIP supporter as a racist nutter"..I asked why anyone who was NOT a racist nutter would vote for them.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And maybe if you could understand plain English, you'd realise that I didn't " brand every UKIP supporter as a racist nutter"..I asked why anyone who was NOT a racist nutter would vote for them.

Look up the word 'implication'

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
There are countless, just refer to any political theorist. Personally I am an advocate of "direct democracy" coupled with elements of "social anarchism" - but I support anything that will lead to a fairer and more prosperous world, with equal rights and free speech.

It's important to consider that UKIP do not represent a fairer or more prosperous world, nor free speech or equal rights - these are things that all of us support, which is exactly why we would never tolerate far-right politics in this country.
I don't support UKIP. Or democracy. If there is a better system I'm all for it, but if it threatens those currently in power, we've no chance of getting it.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Of course it will never happen, but sadistically I would love to see it. There would literally be riots, British people would never tolerate a far-right government, something like that would lead to a revolution.

Please try to be rather more realistic with your points. The British people would by definition have voted for said government, admittedly albeit within the limits of the present system. Millions of people would not regard themselves as "far right" as you conveniently put it -would the 11,000 voters in Rochdale last month who would normally have voted labour but switched their allegiance also be far right? You may view UKIP as far right, because you want a revolution, whatever that means, but you would be far better trying to rationalise why people vote for UKIP. The usual rag tag of protestors would doubtless be protesting, but this is far from saying that the british people would indulge in revolutionary riots.
As an aside, presumably you would be consistent and sadistically want a far left government so that the British people can rise up . .

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
[MENTION=7]Mustafa[/MENTION]

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
If UKIP won the general election, then democracy has truly failed. We won the war to end fascism, if we end up voting for it purely because there is nobody else to vote for, then of course we would turn our backs on it for a better system.
Just what is this utopia better system you talk about...you keep going on about the Right but you do not put up what policies you'd put up..answer on a postage stamp please.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Look up the word "****".

Well done - you've brought down the level of debate to the gutter without even posting a reasoned argument. The sixth form debating society must be very proud of you.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I don't support UKIP. Or democracy. If there is a better system I'm all for it, but if it threatens those currently in power, we've no chance of getting it.

Whilst you may or may not be right about those currently in power, though this is rather simplistic, I think you are being very naïve if you do not support democracy. Having had family live in East Germany, I can assure that, whilst democracy may well be imperfect, it is a hell of a lot better than what comes next.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
We all know exactly why people are voting for UKIP - and it's not because they are "racist nutters" or anything to that effect. People want radical change, people see that this democratic system is not working for them and that they are not represented. Most people know by now that voting for any of the main parties, with their career politicians and lying corporate servants, is utterly futile.

People more often than not jump onto the UKIP bandwagon for those reasons, coupled with a couple of key single issues, such as the obvious EU and immigration problems. UKIP is exciting, it is a massive opportunity to (how did they put it) deliver a political earthquake through Westminster. However upon dissecting their policies and understanding what they actually represent, we all know that it would be disastrous for the wellbeing of the common man and the prosperity of the country - but the support remains because we innately feel that we need to take one step backwards before we can take two steps forwards.

Don't disagree with you here. One thing though - I'm a UKIP supporter because I believe passionately that we would be better off without the EU and I don't trust the Tories to deliver that ( as was perfectly demonstrated yesterday ! ).

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
We all know exactly why people are voting for UKIP - and it's not because they are "racist nutters" or anything to that effect. People want radical change, people see that this democratic system is not working for them and that they are not represented. Most people know by now that voting for any of the main parties, with their career politicians and lying corporate servants, is utterly futile.

People more often than not jump onto the UKIP bandwagon for those reasons, coupled with a couple of key single issues, such as the obvious EU and immigration problems. UKIP is exciting, it is a massive opportunity to (how did they put it) deliver a political earthquake through Westminster. However upon dissecting their policies and understanding what they actually represent, we all know that it would be disastrous for the wellbeing of the common man and the prosperity of the country - but the support remains because we innately feel that we need to take one step backwards before we can take two steps forwards.

I agree with all this, except I can't see why anyone who had looked closely at their policies, and at that charlatan Farage, could possibly vote for them, except perhaps out of a sense of irony.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Well done - you've brought down the level of debate to the gutter without even posting a reasoned argument. The sixth form debating society must be very proud of you.
Really? You don't think it was you that brought the level down when you called me a moron then, you self-satisfied tw@t?

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
I don't usually vote but I may vote for UKIP. Got a couple of friends doing the same, so perhaps they'll benefit from new voters on a large scale?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Really? You don't think it was you that brought the level down when you called me a moron then, you self-satisfied tw@t?

It was you that implied anyone voting for UKIP was a 'racist nutter' so the answer to your question is no.

I don't need to propose a better system, I'm not a political theorist. It's painfully obvious that democracy is broken, though.

Cop out. So you don't support democracy but can't suggest a better alternative - you really didn't think that statement through did you ? Personally I'd suggest that democracy is alive and well. The Scottish referendum is the perfect example. Now we have five main parties in England it is even stronger.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
It was you that implied anyone voting for UKIP was a 'racist nutter' so the answer to your question is no.

Cop out. So you don't support democracy but can't suggest a better alternative - you really didn't think that statement through did you ? Personally I'd suggest that democracy is alive and well. The Scottish referendum is the perfect example. Now we have five main parties in England it is even stronger.
Er, it was you who introduced the "racist nutter" phrase. I was simply wondering why anyone who wasn't a racist nutter would vote for them.

If it was really necessary for someone who was critical of an idea to instantly offer a detailed and well thought out alternative, then most debates would never happen, including in the House of Commons, and internet message boards would all shut down.

D

Deleted member 22389

I agree with all this, except I can't see why anyone who had looked closely at their policies, and at that charlatan Farage, could possibly vote for them, except perhaps out of a sense of irony.

Who really knows what Labour policies are. Nobody sits down and really reads them, they just vote for the party they can trust, the party that makes the right noises. What UKIP is creating is something positive, it is forcing people to look at the options available to them and putting the other parties quite rightly under the spotlight.

Look at this way, how will we ever know what UKIP is like unless you give them a chance. Everyone else has had their chance and may be it's time for something different. That's democracy in action.

I voted Labour all my life, but never again.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Er, it was you who introduced the "racist nutter" phrase. I was simply wondering why anyone who wasn't a racist nutter would vote for them.

Really ? Such a short memory ...... here's YOUR post again ....

Why would anyone but a racist nutter vote for a bunch of racist nutters?

If it was really necessary for someone who was critical of an idea to instantly offer a detailed and well thought out alternative, then most debates would never happen, including in the House of Commons, and internet message boards would all shut down.

Who said it was necessary ? It isn't but it shows a lack of mature thought if you declare you think something is wrong but don't suggest the solution.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here