Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could UKIP win the General Election ?

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume that is a wind up post.

no not at all, you make a song and dance about a thread being hijacked because the ratio of lefties isn't high enough for your liking..what do you expect for god sake.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
It's truly depressing the amount of threads that have been hijacked by ill informed right wingers. Some of their points I agree with, controlled immigration, more negotiation room with eu laws etc but there seems to be a hardcore of about 4 or 5 of you lot who smother threads with ignorance, Daily Mail rhetoric and most annoying of all, irrelevant personal nonsense.

I don't know if you are all as boring in real life but on here, especially over the last few months you have made yourselves look like a right bunch of dull, repetative, punchy, meatheads.

I'll tell what is depressing, people like yourself starting endless anti ukip threads and then whinging when people oppose the views. You have your say and can expect opposing views, or don't post on them....simple.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'll tell what is depressing, people like yourself starting endless anti ukip threads and then whinging when people oppose the views. You have your say and can expect opposing views, or don't post on them....simple.

Endless anti UKIP threads? Perfectly illustrates you haven't got a clue what you're talking about. I'll leave you to yet another UKIP binfest.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
No. They can't win but will certainly form part of a coalition if they continue on their current trajectory. Then well have sone fun and games.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
referring to your BMW comment your mate was absolutely right as I to feel BMW along with the german economy would have way to much to loose financially if the EU were to ever get sloppy over our departure. if we were to leave you could never rule out pathetic childish behaviour and tbh I'd expect no different coming from them yet at the same time I feel it would do us some good by giving us that extra kick up the backside we need.
going back to your previous post when you happened to mention that you thought the EU was set up with good intensions as to stop any conflict from ever breaking out in europe again I don't agree... you have to bear in mind this whole set up was designed by some very clever people who'd obviously done their homework along with added help of the mighty USA. I believe if you had done the amount of homework that they had done and your motives were genuine you definitely wouldn't have come up with what was put in place. to find the answer.. have you ever heard the phrase new world order been used ?? I shall not go in to details but there my friend is your answer.[/QUOTE]

Good evening BF,

The ECSC was first proposed by French foreign minister Robert Schuman on 9 May 1950 as a way to prevent further war between France and Germany. He declared his aim was to "make war not only unthinkable but materially impossible"[3] which was to be achieved by regional integration, of which the ECSC was the first step. The Treaty would create a common market for coal and steel among its member states which served to neutralise competition between European nations over natural resources, particularly in the Ruhr.
I found the above and thought that it might be useful. I think you are probably younger than I am -I am an old git well into his 60s - and this may be a generational thing. Most of my family are German and even as a child, I can recall that the Germans were desperate to make friends throughout Europe. Believe me, there really was an idealism then, though this is hard to appreciate now, which I fully understand, given what the EU has become, and this is what I mean about it being a generational matter. At the time, it really had nothing to do with any "world order". The German film "das Wunder von Bern" deals with this period, as they unexpectedly won the World Cup in 1954 in CH and it was the first time that they were welcomed back into the international sporting fold. Strange as it seems now, I can still recall a headline in a mainstream paper in the 1950s, lauding the fact that a poll in England had shown that they were no longer hated. It really was very different then -the war had had such a shattering effect on people that the counties in Western Europe were determined that it would never happen again.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
How is this nonsense. I can see with my own eyes how busy it is getting down here. Might not all be immigrants, but it's certainly a product of immigration one way or another which the governments have refused to sort out. The pressures from London and the outskirts are slowly being pushed outwards now unless you didn't notice, which is why house prices have sky rocketed down here. It's why my own relatives of 18 and 20 years will never get on this housing ladder.

Reasons:
a) Not enough affordable property in London, properties grabbed and prices pushed up by rich foreign investors and developers so people looking elsewhere

b) Government cut backs on things like benefits, lack of rental properties so people pushed down this way because of the cheaper rents

c) Existing owners getting out while the prices are high, moving down this way for a better quality of life because they can no longer stand where they used to live, too busy becuase of an increase in population due to things immigration in the first place

And It's why somebody from the council knocked on my door last week doing a survey, so they can plan for extra capacity in our schools, doctors and other services, or am I completely and utterly wrong.

no not at all its getting silly ridiculous and completely out of control in some areas, my mates all ex Londoners got out when it first started getting silly in the blair years and some still have families living there now but most upped sticks years ago and took refuge in a place they named suburbia ... Essex whilst others spilled out to surrounding areas like kent surrey sussex ... what was nicknamed white flight
if we aint noticing it already its only a matter of time before it creeps down here on that scale ... & then we'll know it for certain.

explain this to some brainwashed university bod living down here who hasn't experienced the reality of it and then calls you a racist for bringing it up.... give him some of this medicine and lets see if he don't change his views.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Yes, I agree. It was very important to discuss the expulsion of people from Indonesia whilst reporting the results of a Swiss referendum, that the people didnt want, and totally rejected. Shame on the BBC.

That response shows you either didn't understand the point of my post or have no wish to. Its a compaison of what type of stories they report not what they should do or when. You asked for the leftwing bias present and i told you.

If your not smart enough to spot or articulate it, or like PPF sense that something dodgy is going on then that reflects how politicaly malable you are.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How is this nonsense. I can see with my own eyes how busy it is getting down here. Might not all be immigrants, but it's certainly a product of immigration one way or another which the governments have refused to sort out. [...]
Reasons:
a) Not enough affordable property in London, properties grabbed and prices pushed up by rich foreign investors and developers so people looking elsewhere

b) Government cut backs on things like benefits, lack of rental properties so people pushed down this way because of the cheaper rents

c) Existing owners getting out while the prices are high, moving down this way for a better quality of life because they can no longer stand where they used to live, too busy becuase of an increase in population due to things immigration in the first place

i enjoyed how your reasons contradict each other and the justifcation for blaming immigrants. in particular, how is it that immigrants are forcing out owners when they cant get cheap rental due to government cuts? so if it is immigrants, they must be economically active and a positive to the economy, in which case, you're just being prejudice against anyone foreign who puts the effort into a job.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
referring to your BMW comment your mate was absolutely right as I to feel BMW along with the german economy would have way to much to loose financially if the EU were to ever get sloppy over our departure. if we were to leave you could never rule out pathetic childish behaviour and tbh I'd expect no different coming from them yet at the same time I feel it would do us some good by giving us that extra kick up the backside we need.
going back to your previous post when you happened to mention that you thought the EU was set up with good intensions as to stop any conflict from ever breaking out in europe again I don't agree... you have to bear in mind this whole set up was designed by some very clever people who'd obviously done their homework along with added help of the mighty USA. I believe if you had done the amount of homework that they had done and your motives were genuine you definitely wouldn't have come up with what was put in place. to find the answer.. have you ever heard the phrase new world order been used ?? I shall not go in to details but there my friend is your answer.[/QUOTE]

Good evening BF,

The ECSC was first proposed by French foreign minister Robert Schuman on 9 May 1950 as a way to prevent further war between France and Germany. He declared his aim was to "make war not only unthinkable but materially impossible"[3] which was to be achieved by regional integration, of which the ECSC was the first step. The Treaty would create a common market for coal and steel among its member states which served to neutralise competition between European nations over natural resources, particularly in the Ruhr.
I found the above and thought that it might be useful. I think you are probably younger than I am -I am an old git well into his 60s - and this may be a generational thing. Most of my family are German and even as a child, I can recall that the Germans were desperate to make friends throughout Europe. Believe me, there really was an idealism then, though this is hard to appreciate now, which I fully understand, given what the EU has become, and this is what I mean about it being a generational matter. At the time, it really had nothing to do with any "world order". The German film "das Wunder von Bern" deals with this period, as they unexpectedly won the World Cup in 1954 in CH and it was the first time that they were welcomed back into the international sporting fold. Strange as it seems now, I can still recall a headline in a mainstream paper in the 1950s, lauding the fact that a poll in England had shown that they were no longer hated. It really was very different then -the war had had such a shattering effect on people that the counties in Western Europe were determined that it would never happen again.
myself ive never hated the germans infact if the truth be known I admire them, they seem successful in everything they do. most people feel the same about them, the german hatred stems from hitler and whilst many brits weren't overly keen on the crouts back then they are now ..though you'll find not many admitting to that, i'll probably get a grilling myself but its only banter nothing more than that.punish:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
i enjoyed how your reasons contradict each other and the justifcation for blaming immigrants. in particular, how is it that immigrants are forcing out owners when they cant get cheap rental due to government cuts? so if it is immigrants, they must be economically active and a positive to the economy, in which case, you're just being prejudice against anyone foreign who puts the effort into a job.

I think that we need to control immigration, and yes i work with many different immigrants on the sites and they do a decent days work.
The point that many try to make is that it is not the immigrants that are to blame (there are lazy immigrants, there are lazy English people) but the amount that have been let in.
There are not enough properties, ah so let's build thousands more eh....no just curb immigration, although the stable door should have been shut along time ago.
In my mid twenties i could get a mortgage on my salary when it was 3 times my salary. With the lack of property to go around in part due to the amount of people emigrating here, the cost of property has rocketed, and rents are high due to demand.
Can the youngsters of today get a property on 3 times their wages.....well say £30,000 (a lot less for many) for a mid twenties person, times that by 3.....£90,000...will buy you nothing.
The cost of updating the infrastructure, roads, hospitals etc to cope with the millions that have settled here, surely outweighs the financial benefit of mass immigration.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009

how is he being prejudice when all he is doing is stating the obvious...its becoming overcrowded or had you not noticed ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
There are not enough properties, ah so let's build thousands more eh....no just curb immigration, although the stable door should have been shut along time ago.

there are far more complex reasons for housing shortages than immigrants. saying immigrants are coming here and buying the property that 30k earners cant afford doesnt really make for a coherent argument against immigrants.

how is he being prejudice when all he is doing is stating the obvious...its becoming overcrowded or had you not noticed ?

London is getting crowded by French, Germans, Spainish, Americans, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Northerners, East Anglians, programmers, analysts, media executives, lawyers, students... theres a very, very large range of people putting pressure on London and the south east. but lets focus on one single group, because without them there will be no problems at all. or face the reality its more complex and immigrants from Romania turning up and kipping in Hyde park isnt increasing the rents in Kensington.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
there are far more complex reasons for housing shortages than immigrants. saying immigrants are coming here and buying the property that 30k earners cant afford doesnt really make for a coherent argument against immigrants.

London is getting crowded by French, Germans, Spainish, Americans, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Northerners, East Anglians, programmers, analysts, media executives, lawyers, students... theres a very, very large range of people putting pressure on London and the south east. but lets focus on one single group, because without them there will be no problems at all. or face the reality its more complex and immigrants from Romania turning up and kipping in Hyde park isnt increasing the rents in Kensington.

im not discriminating or singling out any group...THERE ARE TO BL*ODY MANY HERE FULL STOP !!! when will you wake up to it.

whether they are kipping in shop doorways or earning a decent honest crust for themselves ...be it they are.black pink purple none of it all makes a slight bit of difference. its all getting a bit silly and to claustrophobic.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
That response shows you either didn't understand the point of my post or have no wish to. Its a compaison of what type of stories they report not what they should do or when. You asked for the leftwing bias present and i told you.

If your not smart enough to spot or articulate it, or like PPF sense that something dodgy is going on then that reflects how politicaly malable you are.

That responses shows you are probably mad. OF COURSE the BBC would report something about an EU referendum, the UK is in the EU. If you write to them, maybe they will apologise for not reporting everything else in the world.

D

Deleted member 22389

no not at all its getting silly ridiculous and completely out of control in some areas, my mates all ex Londoners got out when it first started getting silly in the blair years and some still have families living there now but most upped sticks years ago and took refuge in a place they named suburbia ... Essex whilst others spilled out to surrounding areas like kent surrey sussex ... what was nicknamed white flight
if we aint noticing it already its only a matter of time before it creeps down here on that scale ... & then we'll know it for certain.

explain this to some brainwashed university bod living down here who hasn't experienced the reality of it and then calls you a racist for bringing it up.... give him some of this medicine and lets see if he don't change his views.

I completely agree.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Bias is rarely about what is in an article but more about what is left out, this allows them to say "we are not lying". Its also a case of propagender than propganda, were they(in this case the BBC) dictate the agenda, or in your example the specific comparison.

They chose not to make a comparison with a recent expulsion of muslims from a country, say an indonesian island where 100,000 were implanted to rule over the inhabitents during huraheto(spelling?) regime. That would be a bit to uncomfortable for the trots at the BBC to explain. Much better an example where the people "love"/vote for immigration.

This of course is an inaccurate, invalid and disengenious comparison because due to all measures the british people do not want immigration. Hence your example is little more than pro-immigration propoganda, QED leftwing.

Are you referring to Indonesians in Malaysia here? If so, that was reported.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
lol...still laugh when I see 'pro-immigration propoganda'....for reporting a EU referendum. If they didnt report it, particularly during the pre vote phase, little Englanders on here would have been losing their minds.

Jan 30, 2008

what are they doing kipping in Hyde park :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here