Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could UKIP win the General Election ?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Sure, but then don't Governments (well taxpayers) have to bailout the capitalists?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/24/european-union-to-launch-237bn-infrastructure-plan

When QE was rolled out in the UK who really benefitted from that, the rich or the poor?

Don't get me wrong I don't think its a conspiracy, however what ever way it goes, the capitalists and the politicians in their pocket will look after their interests first?

These days whenever immigration or other aspects of the EU are represented on the media, it is always the interests of business and commerce the are to the fore..........who do they serve? Their own interests or wider society?

If it was society, freedom of movement would be in the dustbin.........the only people who benefit or advocate free markets in anything are Tories and capitalists.

I do struggle to agree with this. Much of the criticism levelled at the EU is the factor widespread perception that their unelected representatives can over-ride our parliament on issues such as Human Rights, to say nothing of the alleged corruption, as auditors refuse to pas their accounts. Programmes on immigration centre very often on the fairness of instant benefits, the stresses to the infrastructure in certain areas, the inability and/or refusal to integrate, the level of contribution to the economy that working immigrants make, etc etc. I notice that you often end your statements berating the capitalists etc; no one, I am sure, would say that everything is necessarily wonderful under capitalism, or presumably under another system, but surely the poor old capitalists can't be reasonable blamed for everything!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The latest crisis of capitalism was not caused by Polish plumbers or German GPs it was caused by a greedy, incompetent and under-regulated financial sector. Cameron's attempt to blame migration for our economic woes is dishonest dog-whistle nonsense.

Whether Call Me Dave does implement any of the statements is very debatable, but it is what the majority of the British people want, which is why UKIP are gaining ground, and he is putting out these soundbites.
Suddenly also the English parliament debate is gaining ground, with the two main parties at LAST taking an interest.
As for the EU, do we really want to be giving billions away, or 55M a DAY, to export 35% and import 65%....and all the added "extras" that it brings.

Camicus

Whether Call Me Dave does implement any of the statements is very debatable, but it is what the majority of the British people want, which is why UKIP are gaining ground, and he is putting out these soundbites.
Suddenly also the English parliament debate is gaining ground, with the two main parties at LAST taking an interest.
As for the EU, do we really want to be giving billions away, or 55M a DAY, to export 35% and import 65%....and all the added "extras" that it brings.
I wish you would stop saying the majority of the British people. You are in the minority. Most people don't give a kippers tit one way or the other. It is just the people with the most to say on the subject. Perhaps you are backed by the sun and the mail but it still doesn't make it fact. Just because you shout loudest doesn't make you right all it does it make you load. Your opinion is not fact.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I wish you would stop saying the majority of the British people. You are in the minority. Most people don't give a kippers tit one way or the other. It is just the people with the most to say on the subject. Perhaps you are backed by the sun and the mail but it still doesn't make it fact. Just because you shout loudest doesn't make you right all it does it make you load. Your opinion is not fact.

Correct on one thing, my opinion is not fact and i have never stated it is. Perhaps in your part of the country which has voted lazily for Labour presumably because they are better for benefits payments this may not be the case. Before you misquote again, this (having lived up North for 7 years) is just an opinion. Why are the Cons and even Labour changing their stances more in line with Ukip...
Could it be they are starting to listen to the people they serve.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Is it not fact that we give 55m a DAY to the EU, and export 35% and import 65% ?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Correct on one thing, my opinion is not fact and i have never stated it is. Perhaps in your part of the country which has voted lazily for Labour presumably because they are better for benefits payments this may not be the case. Before you misquote again, this (having lived up North for 7 years) is just an opinion. Why are the Cons and even Labour changing their stances more in line with Ukip...
Could it be they are starting to listen to the people they serve.

think it might be just a little to late for that
most MP's just serve themselves I'm afraid

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
I wish you would stop saying the majority of the British people. You are in the minority. Most people don't give a kippers tit one way or the other..

:ohmy: by that you mean because you don't give a kippers tit nobody else does.
if no one gives a t*ss then why is it that both tory and labour have suddenly taken a massive interest on the subject whereas before the surge of UKIP support both couldn't give a flying f*ck on the matter.

Camicus

:ohmy: by that you mean because you don't give a kippers tit nobody else does.
if no one gives a t*ss then why is it that both tory and labour have suddenly taken a massive interest on the subject whereas before the surge of UKIP support both couldn't give a flying f*ck on the matter.
Mostly because the media driven by Murdoch constantly drip vitrol into the world. Even at its most popular ukip poll 25%. Even if they get a in out referenda they will lose. So yes the majority don't care. Both the tories and labour live in that media bubble so they see it at that. FYI Soulman I hate to break your lazy stereotyping but my MP is Galloway and the next constituency is lib dems and tory

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
[/B]

think it might be just a little to late for that
most MP's just serve themselves I'm afraid

They have a career structure like any organisation and reasonably they look to move up the ladder, which is what we all would want to do, surely. If your point is that they do not serve the electorate, then this is a very bold statement that most MPs serve themselves -do you have evidence for this? Of course the scandal of their expenses has knocked our confidence in them, but it is very unfair to make such a claim.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
They have a career structure like any organisation and reasonably they look to move up the ladder, which is what we all would want to do, surely. If your point is that they do not serve the electorate, then this is a very bold statement that most MPs serve themselves -do you have evidence for this? Of course the scandal of their expenses has knocked our confidence in them, but it is very unfair to make such a claim.

how many do you hear about who
a) can't keep it in their trousers
b) on some kind of fiddle
c) are out and out liars

to many for my liking
lets get UKIP in for a while .....and yes they will **** it up as well , but it might just consentrate the minds of the good ones to get on with running the country

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

I think your claim that "you are in the minority" is rather misleading. You are presumably referring to UKIP's support, which may well be "only" 25% but what the OP was talking about was the electorate in general which is reflected by the support for UKIP and in this respect in my humble opinion he is quite right. There is genuine concern in the country about what is widely perceived as excessive immigration; you may indulge in the customary sniping about Murdoch, but utterances by the two major parties recently, that they will get tough, shows that they too are aware of the general feeling. I think you will find that most people do care.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
how many do you hear about who
a) can't keep it in their trousers
b) on some kind of fiddle
c) are out and out liars

to many for my liking
lets get UKIP in for a while .....and yes they will **** it up as well , but it might just consentrate the minds of the good ones to get on with running the country

Of course we hear these stories, and always will do, because a bit of lurid publicity is what we all enjoy! Surely you are NOT saying that most are like this. I gather you were in the Prison Service, sir; I recently read about an officer who fell in love with a convict, not for the first time, but would not jump to the conclusion that others/most do that. Will UKIP do any better? Perhaps you are right that it might shake up some complacency, but please don't jump to the conclusion that most MPs are less than honourable; we will always hear of the bad'uns.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Mostly because the media driven by Murdoch constantly drip vitrol into the world. Even at its most popular ukip poll 25%. Even if they get a in out referenda they will lose. So yes the majority don't care. Both the tories and labour live in that media bubble so they see it at that. FYI Soulman I hate to break your lazy stereotyping but my MP is Galloway and the next constituency is lib dems and tory

and as we all know that both the tories and labour will do just about anything for a vote even if it falls short of the countries interests, and a prime example of this was when labour's tony blair went on a scouting mission for EU immigrants knowing only to well that millions more than anyone could possibly anticipate coming would settle here... and in return he'd guarantee himself and his party untold votes. luckily though the public had finally seen the c*nt for what he was and it all totally backfired on the c*nt.

you can forget 25% or any other figure come to that as there is a great deal more at stake riding on this... it is said that public opinion is rapidly gaining momentum like never been seen before especially where immigration and the EU subject are concerned (not my words by the way) meaning that this definitely falls a long way short of becoming a closed subject.

l

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Its not about an opinion, ive merely asked why, if being offended by all religion, why the attack on one religion,

Crumbs,i said i found all religion offensive!! please tell me where i said that and i will apologise for unnecessarily donning Pampers and becoming a bedwetter of ridiculous preportions.

im sure you realise, nobody seeing the word Pastafarian on a red, gold and green background, is going to think that all religion is being ridiculed. They will believe it is one religion being ridiculed.

This is just ridiculous and shows how little you know.Nobody with even the tinniest of education in religious matters believes this statement to be true.Except of course you.Educate yourself please first before looking so silly.

I think what is far more telling and speaks volumes about you and your ilk is the way that every single UKIP thread that appears on NSC you alone seem determined to derail it by quickly turning it into a slanging match by hurling insults and changing the subject,as opposed to debating the issues that 99% of users seem to be able to do,even if it is in a lively and robust manner.....shutting down debate because you dont like hearing what is being discussed is the worst king of fascism.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
What a lot of rubbish. Again. You have perfected the art of waffle.
You keep the name. Makes you look 'smart'
Show me where I derailed this thread. Do you think it may have been a response to a prat? ie YOU ?
YOU decided to bring my name into the thread most recently, by hurling an insult at me, to which I responded. Feel free to check. (#228)

...and I LOVE hearing UKIP supporters 'debate'. They tend to show themselves up without any help,

Last edited:

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I do struggle to agree with this. Much of the criticism levelled at the EU is the factor widespread perception that their unelected representatives can over-ride our parliament on issues such as Human Rights, to say nothing of the alleged corruption, as auditors refuse to pas their accounts. Programmes on immigration centre very often on the fairness of instant benefits, the stresses to the infrastructure in certain areas, the inability and/or refusal to integrate, the level of contribution to the economy that working immigrants make, etc etc. I notice that you often end your statements berating the capitalists etc; no one, I am sure, would say that everything is necessarily wonderful under capitalism, or presumably under another system, but surely the poor old capitalists can't be reasonable blamed for everything!

Fair enough, your call.

My point is about the defence of the EU, not the multiple areas of credible attack, of which the EU's lack of democracy and accountability to the electorate in the UK and wider EU is one one of the most egregious areas. That said, keeping the proles ignorant of what is really going on is just standard political m.o. since the dawn of time........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ro-federalists-financed-by-US-spy-chiefs.html

Indeed, the recently anointed Head of the Commission is quoted as follows:

On British calls for a referendum over Lisbon Treaty
“Of course there will be transfers of sovereignty. But would I be intelligent to draw the attention of public opinion to this fact?,”

On French referendum over EU constitution
“If it's a Yes, we will say 'on we go', and if it's a No we will say 'we continue’,”

The defence of the EU coalesces around trade and jobs, and whilst these advantages are undeniable are jobs and profits for global businesses worth more than sovereignty?

I am not anti capitalist, but capitalism should serve the people not the other way round. The fact that Juncker turned Luxembourg into a tax haven for businesses to avoid local taxes indicates his outlook and connections. Some of the social policy is a bone to throw to the union dogs.

Little wonder why we always hear from the independent CBI on the importance of EU membership, what we don't see if the hundreds of thousands of ponds they get from the EU to propagate that message.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here