Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could this be the moment MMA fans have been waiting for?

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
Could the UFC be about get the greatest of all time - Fedor Emilianenko?

The August 1st Affliction event has just been cancelled due to Barnett's SECOND failed drug test and injuries to other big name fighters. Surely Affliction is on the way out - it was already in big financial trouble, it's lost all credibility and fighters won't want to touch it with a barge pole.

NOW IS THE MOMENT for Dana White to bring in Fedor and get him fighting soon on a UFC card - he's ready to go!

Sorry for being off topic, and apologies if you're not interested but I know from previous threads that there are a lot of MMA fans here.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Absolutely! The thought of Fedor giving that oaf Lesnar a 'beat down' would be just great.

Who else have Affliction got on their books that the UFC could get back? I always liked Babalu and his UFC career was only ruined by his daft tactics when trying to come on to Chuck Liddell when he was at his most destructive counter punching prime.

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
Alistair Overeem
babulu
Nick Diaz
Vitor Belfort
Tito Ortiz
Matt lindland
Mousasi
Andrei Alovski.
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

to name some of the bigger names off the top of my head

For me, Diaz and Overeem ( other than Fedor) are the most exciting. I'm really intrigued as to what's going to happen regarding Affliction in the near future. More importantly I hope we get to see Fedor soon seeing as he is ready and prepared to fight in 2 weeks

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Blimey, there are some UFC legends in there. My only concern would be whether the likes of Belfort & Ortiz could ever recapture their UFC prime. Those were the days when i first started getting into MMA when boxing was stagnating. Ortiz was the villain you loved to hate and the fights with Chuck were great. I do also recall Nick Diaz's KO of Robbie Lawler being an an early highlight.

I took another look at Hendo's dirty punch on Bisping when he was already out. Never mind Dana giving him a rollicking he should have been fined, I'm no huge Bisping fan but that's exactly the kind of crap the UFC detractors will jump on.

As it looks like we have a few UFC fans on here, why not have a little predictions post for each up and coming event?

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
Blimey, there are some UFC legends in there. My only concern would be whether the likes of Belfort & Ortiz could ever recapture their UFC prime. Those were the days when i first started getting into MMA when boxing was stagnating. Ortiz was the villain you loved to hate and the fights with Chuck were great. I do also recall Nick Diaz's KO of Robbie Lawler being an an early highlight.

I took another look at Hendo's dirty punch on Bisping when he was already out. Never mind Dana giving him a rollicking he should have been fined, I'm no huge Bisping fan but that's exactly the kind of crap the UFC detractors will jump on.

As it looks like we have a few UFC fans on here, why not have a little predictions post for each up and coming event?

If I'm not mistaken Lawler is Affliction too.

Regarding Henderson. I'm really not sure about it. Whilst his comments were completely wrong I can, believe it or not, justify his actions.

The ref hadn't stopped the fight - like in football "play to the whistle". Compared to other (common) examples of fighters defying the ref and not stopping when the fight is called (Ramapge v Wanderlei 3, pretty much all of Tank Abott's fights, Mark Coleman v Shogun Rua, many of Royce Gracie's submissions). Also fighters tapping then pretending that they haven't.

Also I have seen examples the other way round, when a fighter stops, the ref doesn't call the fight and it changes everything.

Basically, I don't think what henderson did was particularly honourable, BUT I don't think you could enforce any punishment for his actions. On top of this I do genuinely believe that Henderson is an overall good egg! And Bisping has said himself that Dan did nothing wrong.

I like the idea about the predictions. It definitely seems that we can get a decent dscussiion about MMA here - in fact these threads probably have the most reasoned discussions on all of NSC!!!

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005

Its been done many times before, i dont think there is much time to think. Example: Wanderlei Silva vs. Quinton Rampage Jackson 3 Fight Video UFC 92 | MMATKO Mixed Martial Arts Videos, MMA Videos, UFC Videos

you beat me too it!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here