Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Could Potter control CR7?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I think De Zerbi could get the best out of him and both have similar Latin temperaments.
Ronaldo knows that he isn't quite the player he used to be so can afford a pay cut. It's not as if he's short of a bob or two.

Tony make it happen.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The simple answer is “no chance”

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think De Zerbi could get the best out of him and both have similar Latin temperaments.
Ronaldo knows that he isn't quite the player he used to be so can afford a pay cut. It's not as if he's short of a bob or two.

Tony make it happen.
Never happen and glad it would never happen

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Tony make it happen.
No, he's not quite the player he used to be, but he's too arrogant to realise that because of that he's not worth the money he thinks he's entitled to.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Tony make it happen.
He’s almost as far away from being able to play De Zerbi ball as I am (pudgy, 56, shite at football).

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
GP has his own issues at the Bridge, namely placating an increasingly disenchanted fanbase, to worry about CR7 ( who is surely MLS bound )( Maybe it would be a welcome distraction for Mr Sensitive from all these awkward interviews, in which he looks and sounds less and less convincing.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
No, he's not quite the player he used to be, but he's too arrogant to realise that because of that he's not worth the money he thinks he's entitled to.
Imho I donj't think it's the money with footballers, it's more "I must be the Top Earner because I am the best", whatever that figure is (ie ego). Unfortunately, that means the figure keeps going up and up. We really should have some style of salary cap to avoid this.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I want it to happen, but especially if Amazon are doing one of their behind-the-scenes documentaries about Chelsea this season so we can watch the cataclysmic implosion.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Imho I donj't think it's the money with footballers, it's more "I must be the Top Earner because I am the best", whatever that figure is (ie ego). Unfortunately, that means the figure keeps going up and up. We really should have some style of salary cap to avoid this.
Why then do players move from being a star and top player at Brighton to treble their wages as squad members in 'bigger' clubs?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I don't think it's about him being worth the money, it's more the demands to be the first and most important name on the teamsheet. The whole "lack of respect" thing between him and Ten Hag has less to do with how he talks to him, more that he doesn't respect his right to be on the pitch at all times.

For other players, I would agree on the money point. Ronaldo is a different breed, in my opinion. This isn't a "Cucurella leaving for a massive payrise to sit on Chelsea's bench" situation, it's an "I'm Ronaldo and have been the best player in the world for 10 years and deserve respect" one.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
GP has his own issues at the Bridge, namely placating an increasingly disenchanted fanbase, to worry about CR7 ( who is surely MLS bound )( Maybe it would be a welcome distraction for Mr Sensitive from all these awkward interviews, in which he looks and sounds less and less convincing.
When he looks back he will find that we were his "Comfort blanky" .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here