Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could being TOO SLOW this time cause relegation?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Watford & Leeds have had multiple changes of managers, but are doing better than us.

Also, Fulham sacked their manager, now there are good signs (from their POV) they will sort themselves out. We have zero chance of surviving if we keep hoping Sami will sort things out. A better chance if we replace him quickly.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Also, Fulham sacked their manager, now there are good signs (from their POV) they will sort themselves out. We have zero chance of surviving if we keep hoping Sami will sort things out. A better chance if we replace him quickly.

Bolton sacked theirs and now picking up under Lennon, Birmingham might well improve under Rowett and even Blackpool may pick up under Clark which leaves us with a little bit of a problem if we continue as we are doing

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Not true. Have a look at the table. We've played 14 out of 23, all of who make up a fairly even spread across current league positions.

Sheff Wed GASH/NOTHING SPECIAL
Birmingham GASH
Leeds GASH
Bolton GASH
Charlton NOT BAD
Brentford NOTHING SPECIAL
Ipswich NOT BAD
Blackpool GASH
Nottingham Forest NOTHING SPECIAL
Cardiff NOTHING SPECIAL (when we played them)
Watford DECENT
Middlesbrough DECENT
Huddersfield GASH/NOTHING SPECIAL
Rotherham NOTHING SPECIAL

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sheff Wed GASH/NOTHING SPECIAL
Birmingham GASH
Leeds GASH
Bolton GASH
Charlton NOT BAD
Brentford NOTHING SPECIAL
Ipswich NOT BAD
Blackpool GASH
Nottingham Forest NOTHING SPECIAL
Cardiff NOTHING SPECIAL (when we played them)
Watford DECENT
Middlesbrough DECENT
Huddersfield GASH/NOTHING SPECIAL
Rotherham NOTHING SPECIAL

Yep this.

Where is our BADLY NEEDED SHORT TERM LOAN STRIKER??

Im using capitals to HIGHLIGHT that its SHORT TERM LOAN. So if they are shit its NO RISK.

Holt
Taylor Fletcher
Graham
Sagbo
FFS

The list goes on...

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
1) Hyypia was appointed on 6th June.

Quote from Hyypia at the weekend: “We need to toughen up and then hopefully we’ll get the results as well. It made it more difficult coming so late in the summer. I didn’t have a lot of time to get maybe the players we would have wanted and got if I had signed in April or something. I signed only a few weeks before we started pre-season."

Clubs who did their business in early June are doing pretty damn well this season. Let's give a bloody manager a full pre-season for a change.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Quote from Hyypia at the weekend: “We need to toughen up and then hopefully we’ll get the results as well. It made it more difficult coming so late in the summer. I didn’t have a lot of time to get maybe the players we would have wanted and got if I had signed in April or something. I signed only a few weeks before we started pre-season."

Clubs who did their business in early June are doing pretty damn well this season. Let's give a bloody manager a full pre-season for a change.

Brilliant.

And anyone who said the same was called a 'bed wetter'. "It's only August!" came the cries, "It's only September!" came the despairing laughs.. "It's.. erm, only October.. ages left.." came the unconvincing murmers.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

We had a manager in April. One that came in far later than Hyypia did and still managed to get us in the play offs. He did that by getting the best out of the players available. Hyypia's not doing that at the moment. He did have a full pre-season - he joined us three weeks before pre-season started. He's making excuses.

It seems to me that the clubs error, if there is one, is in appointing Hyypia, not the speed with which they did it.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We had a manager in April. One that came in far later than Hyypia did and still managed to get us in the play offs. He did that by getting the best out of the players available. Hyypia's not doing that at the moment. He did have a full pre-season - he joined us three weeks before pre-season started. He's making excuses.

It seems to me that the clubs error, if there is one, is in appointing Hyypia, not the speed with which they did it.

Spot on (but I'd remove the 'if').

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
What I dont get is TB has a team of people collecting football stat data. Assign one to the championship and you would have an idea of what management style works, best team formations and best available players.

Quite. If I was one of TBs multi millionaire spread betting clients I'd be asking him "why should I invest in your scheme when you can't even sort your own team (back room and front of house) out?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Looking back now it seems Oscar did a much better job than I and others gave him credit for, his football was boring but at least we were winning and he made players like Ince seem a lot better than they are this season.

The people who were saying "at least Hyypia plays exciting football" have all gone rather quiet lately.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Looking back now it seems Oscar did a much better job than I and others gave him credit for, his football was boring but at least we were winning and he made players like Ince seem a lot better than they are this season.

Blimey is that praise!
Some of us could see Oscar was good and were gutted when he left

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Everyone is forgetting that the timing of the appointment was a masterstroke in cost efficiency. No manager No wages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here