Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Coronation on May 6th

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You want a cut in GDP because of an extra bank holiday ? Are you a member of the evil Anti-Growth Coalition ?

Lol.

In this economy? Nose back to the grindstone, plebs.

As a direct result of this, I am going to do absolutely NAFF ALL the following Monday.

for a change

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can they just play the whole round of fixtures on the Sunday, or are we going to be told to celebrate this nonsense for the whole weekend?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can they just play the whole round of fixtures on the Sunday, or are we going to be told to celebrate this nonsense for the whole weekend?

Give us a Bank Holiday Friday and play the games then?

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Why not do it during the World Cup ? Annoy Qatar and Gary Neville and Richard Keys at al...

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Are they really going to cancel the games for that shit?! FFS. Better not call off grass roots and kids this time.

Agree - that was ridiculous last time.
Why is it happening on a bloody Saturday ffs - thought at least we'd get a hank holiday out of the bullshit of it all

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Will there be a thread about booing for the coronation ?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
May 6th 2023 will be also be Tony Blair's 70th Birthday.

Let's hope that his festivities don't upstage the Coronation and he ends up as a weapon of mass distraction.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
May 6th 2023 will be also be Tony Blair's 70th Birthday.

Let's hope that his festivities don't upstage the Coronation and he ends up as a weapon of mass distraction.

In my book, May 6th. should probably be Cup Final day. The world has moved on. UEFA or FIFA or the EPL have probaly come up with something that minimises the importance of the once cherished Cup Final Day - so if Charley3 f***s them all off by trumping them with a world wide spectacle that more of the world than some on NSC can imagine will watch ........

........ in that case, go Charlie boy go! It'll be on my TV (expecting an infraction from NSC any time now!)

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
It's the last weekend of the Championship season so they'll want to book a Sunday slot for that set of fixtures.

My guess would be that they'll be scattered around Friday, Sunday, Monday, and possibly Tuesday, and they might show them all on TV. They'll have the excuse that they're doing it for the sake of fans who might not be able to travel, while raking in a bit of extra cash.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
In my book, May 6th. should probably be Cup Final day.

3rd June next year. Normally it's towards the end of May barring a summer World Cup.

For example, we played on Sat 21st May 1983.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here