Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Corners

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Is it me or has basically every corner hit the first man/been poor this tournament? Must be two out of every three has been dreadful!

Lack of quality or blame it on the ball?

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Is it me or has basically every corner hit the first man/been poor this tournament? Must be two out of every three has been dreadful!

Lack of quality or blame it on the ball?

Couldnt agree more....i screamed at the TV tonight when both Gerrard And Lampard did exactly what you say .
These guys are meant to be two of the best passers of balls in the world, and yet they couldnt get it past the first defender from corners....i think there is a deep seated problem in the England camp now..dont know why , but confidence just seems to be draining away.
Maybe it is the ball as well, though.....must say that long free kicks, corners from other teams have also gone awol !!!

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Absolutely, but to be fair to England, it's not just them, it appears to be most players!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
it was almost as if dean cox was out there

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I backed 1-0 John Terry and got quite excited in the second half when we kept getting corners but they all seemed to be either:

- Too deep
- Too near the keeper
- Planted on the head of the first man

If you can't get one decent ball in the box from eight corners something is SERIOUSLY wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here