Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Corbyn Shadow Cabinet. A reshuffle...

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Abbott confirmed as Shadow Home Secretary. So that's Corbyn, McDonnell, Abbott and Thornberry in the big 4 positions. A hard left, North London-centric monopoly.

Sad to see he has missed yet another chance to broaden his appeal outside of his cult.

Dear oh dear...... this is a joke right.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Do you imagine if Teresa May was playing Fantasy Politics and had a free pick she could not have chosen a more perfect opposition front bench.

Whats next? Dennis Skinner as Shadow leader of the house?

Looney Tunes Liberty as Shadow Attorney General?

You simply could not make this up

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Do you imagine if Teresa May was playing Fantasy Politics and had a free pick she could not have chosen a more perfect opposition front bench.

Whats next? Dennis Skinner as Shadow leader of the house?

Looney Tunes Liberty as Shadow Attorney General?

You simply could not make this up

A perfect opposition front bench announced and UKIP experiencing some 'difficulties' all in conference week. If you listen very carefully you can just about hear the champagne corks ricocheting around Conservative central office ....

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The worst decision Corbyn made in regards party unity wasn't even Abbott. He sacked Clive Lewis, a prominent Corbyn supporter from Defence because Lewis supports Trident - which is party policy at present. Lewis was one of the few shadow cabinet members remaining with appeal outside the party. He's extremely easy on the eyes and ears of the voters and has the added kudos of having served in Afghanistan. These sorts of MPs come around once in a blue moon in the Labour Party. Corbyn should have been promoting him not demoting him. I think this specific move is a big pointer to Corbyn attempting to move the party swiftly to a platform of unilateral disarmament.

There are also rumours that when Saemus Milne returns to the Guardian, Damian McBride will take his place. If this happens then I think I might start taking seriously all those jokes about Corbyn being a Tory mole.

Jul 7, 2016
I thought as much. Not even you would try and defend that!

Unfortunately for Corbyn the only support he has left within the labour MP's are the few that have stuck with his grubby little administration mainly because they know they have little ability and would only get promoted with him in charge. Any labour MP with real ability and sense have already distanced themselves from Corbyn and his very unpleasant supporters.

Abbott as Home Secretary has got to be the biggest joke in British politics over the last 100 years, she is that bad and daft with it

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Unfortunately for Corbyn the only support he has left within the labour MP's are the few that have stuck with his grubby little administration mainly because they know they have little ability and would only get promoted with him in charge. Any labour MP with real ability and sense have already distanced themselves from Corbyn and his very unpleasant supporters.

Abbott as Home Secretary has got to be the biggest joke in British politics over the last 100 years, she is that bad and daft with it

Or Hunt as Health minister

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Just when you think the Labour party has given all it can give...

Tony Blair hints at a return to politics to tackle “One Party State”

http://www.thelondoneconomic.com/ne...-to-politics-to-tackle-one-party-state/07/10/

Reported on the Beeb too. Surely, he can only be thinking of leading a breakaway party from Labour? A modern-day Shirley Williams, perhaps?! Only, I suspect the defectors would number rather more than 4. The big issue he'd have to combat is Iraq - would he command respect amongst the more centrist Labour MPs (& public, come to that), or is he too tarnished? He'd also have to get elected as a MP too, presumably - perhaps he could stand in Richmond when Zac Goldsmith resigns? Now that's a by-election that would be worth following! Interesting times.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Good God; Amber Rudd is bad enough and now Diane Abbott is shadowing her.
What a pair of dumbos!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Reported on the Beeb too. Surely, he can only be thinking of leading a breakaway party from Labour? A modern-day Shirley Williams, perhaps?!

Yes, I remember - that turned out well, didn't it!

Seriously, never mind the PLP, I think Blair is too tarnished by Iraq in the eyes of the general public to ever get near a return to power.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That's got to be true, shirley? In which case, what is he thinking?!

He is - or was, at least - a fully paid up member of the Westminster bubble, so like the rest of them he will have no idea of the reality of life outside. Why, some of the damned fools even thought they'd win a referendum to stay in the EU!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here