Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CORBYN, McDONNELL AND LIVINGSTONE.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
And wtf has happened to Stella McCartney's face?

image.jpeg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
FFS this is utter bullshit. Grow up. I've been around Corbyn since he started in Parliament and stop confusing encouraging Sinn Fein to participate in the political process with support for IRA actions, it's a blatant ****ing smear

you are talking to those who WILL not be convinced, and those who believe everything written in the red tops.
JC at least is a man who sticks to his priciples, un like those who are on the otherside, how long ago was it that cameron wanted to bomb Assad, wants to bomb anyone just as long as he does not have to think of any consquences

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
you are talking to those who WILL not be convinced, and those who believe everything written in the red tops.
JC at least is a man who sticks to his priciples, un like those who are on the otherside, how long ago was it that cameron wanted to bomb Assad, wants to bomb anyone just as long as he does not have to think of any consquences
because it's there in black and white for peters sake :facepalm: you can hardly call the times a Redtop, look at my post from earlier.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Yes, one of his problems is that there is no evidence that he compromises - 'his way or the highway' it seems.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Diane Abbott on the Andrew Neil Show:

"On balance, Mao did more good than harm".

[tweet]670040250207596545[/tweet]

This woman is a shadow cabinet minister. Frightening.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
On the darkside David Darth Vader Cameron fighting for the forces of good Jeremy Skywalker Corbyn

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Looking at both parties, Cameron and Osborne are the equivalent of Billy Paynter and John Obika, and Corbyn and McDonnell are the equivalent of Mark McCammon and Leon Best.

Neither are something you want to see or be inspired by.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Diane Abbott on the Andrew Neil Show:

"On balance, Mao did more good than harm".

This woman is a shadow cabinet minister. Frightening.

I'm not surprised at Alfred quoting out of context, but I'd give you a bit more credit normally.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Looking at both parties, Cameron and Osborne are the equivalent of Billy Paynter and John Obika, and Corbyn and McDonnell are the equivalent of Mark McCammon and Leon Best.

Hear Hear!! all that's needed now is for Trump to become the American president and we'll have a full house.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk

Excellent political analysis, in plain 'NSC' speak. Andrew Neil eat your heart out.

With Diane Abbott and John McDonnell verses George Osborne and Boris Johnson on the respective subs benches, it's not looking good for a decent political game any time soon.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm not surprised at Alfred quoting out of context, but I'd give you a bit more credit normally.

Okay, I'm happy to hold my hand up here and say that I don't know in which context she made those remarks so can you please fill me in on this because I'm not quite sure how someone who was directly responsible for the brutal deaths of 50 million people and the torture of many more can EVER be described as on balance doing more good than harm.

he dragged China out of the middle ages, bit like Stalin did for Russia
does not mean you have to like them or agree with their policies

Utter nonsense. Whoever would have been in charge of China in the mid-20th century would have dragged them out of their feudal system. The Second World War opened China to how the rest of the world was run and made certain that change was necessary. And you're wrong, Stalin didn't drag Russia out of medieval times, Lenin and Trotsky had already completed that in 1917 but Russia was already aware after the 1905 revolt that their political system had to change. Even Stalin's own colleagues at the time acknowledged how despotic his rule was.

Between Stalin and Mao they killed something like 80 million people and over a billion people lived in a climate of terrible political subjugation. There's revisionism and then there's revisionism but claiming that either was a force for good really takes the biscuit.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Ah, so you'd agree that Hitler dragged Germany out of economic depression with his rearmament and expansionist policies then ?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ah, so you'd agree that Hitler dragged Germany out of economic depression with his rearmament and expansionist policies then ?

It's terribly difficult not to obey Godwin's Law here but just how anyone claim that Stalin or Mao have any moral high ground over Hitler is beyond me.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Okay, I'm happy to hold my hand up here and say that I don't know in which context she made those remarks so can you please fill me in on this because I'm not quite sure how someone who was directly responsible for the brutal deaths of 50 million people and the torture of many more can EVER be described as on balance doing more good than harm.

Utter nonsense. Whoever would have been in charge of China in the mid-20th century would have dragged them out of their feudal system. The Second World War opened China to how the rest of the world was run and made certain that change was necessary. And you're wrong, Stalin didn't drag Russia out of medieval times, Lenin and Trotsky had already completed that in 1917 but Russia was already aware after the 1905 revolt that their political system had to change. Even Stalin's own colleagues at the time acknowledged how despotic his rule was.

Between Stalin and Mao they killed something like 80 million people and over a billion people lived in a climate of terrible political subjugation. There's revisionism and then there's revisionism but claiming that either was a force for good really takes the biscuit.

you both obviousy did not read all of my post
I said you did not have to like them or their policies
as for the hitler post, I will treat that with the contempt it deserves

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Mao's style of communism held them back for decades, unable to properly industrialise, more focused on party targets than delivery of real productive output. its no coincidence that China's growth starts in the 80s when they reform towards markets under Deng.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here