Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Cooking Oils

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
I have one of these somewhere in my back garden (well its Texas!) so I am sorted....
iu-12.jpeg

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Vegetable oil has been soaring in price since about the end of February.

A 20lt drum of oil at the end of January was £18.

I bought a drum last week, £35.

Probably the biggest increase of any food stuff at the moment although in the same period a box of eggs(360) has gone from £34 to £44, bacon up £5 a box. Nearly every thing is now more expensive at the wholesalers, except prawns which have in fact fallen in price by £4 a 3 kilo bag.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
1 ltr of sunflower oil in Spain was priced at 99c this time last year. Now it's 3.17e. They say, of course, it's because of the Ukraine situation but I sit in this part of Spain that has acres upon acres of sunflowers growing each year. Think someone or organisation is profitering very well out of this as are the olive oil producers who have bumped their prices up accordingly.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Vegetable oil has been soaring in price since about the end of February.

A 20lt drum of oil at the end of January was £18.

I bought a drum last week, £35.

Probably the biggest increase of any food stuff at the moment although in the same period a box of eggs(360) has gone from £34 to £44, bacon up £5 a box. Nearly every thing is now more expensive at the wholesalers, except prawns which have in fact fallen in price by £4 a 3 kilo bag.

So will sandwiches in the 1901 club get thicker ? :lolol:

FWLIW I've been in 1901 4 times now and never got a sniff of any food!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here