Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Coogan as Saville on BBC One

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry, but to me Steve Coogan as Jimmy Savile just sounds exactly like Steve Coogan as Tony Wilson in 24hr Hour Party People

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
The BBC has wasted license payers money on Jimmy Savile publicity, i fear they will never learn. Why any of you chaps would watch this is beyond me.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Watched episode one. Too damned creepy to watch anymore of the same beyond that. And like I said, his voice portrayal is identical in both :shrug:
Errr... no it isn't, he's doing a Lancashire/Salford accent for Tony Wilson and a Yorkshire/Leeds accent for Saville. Not all northerners sound the same. His portrayal of Saville is incredibly well observed both in terms of vocal tics and mannerisms. With Wilson he was only really going for a light hearted representation.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Tried to watch it but it was confusing.
Started in the present, kept flashing back to the past, then back to the present and back to the past again.
It was all a bit now then, now then

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Not watching it, I am not a rubber neck fool, we know what he did, people are still committing similar offences, nothing can be learnt from this show.
What a daft statement; how would you know that nothing can be learnt from it? Having actually watched it I was thinking exactly the opposite; there is so much to learn from it in terms of allowing the cult of celebrity blind people into trusting them. The late 60s and the 70s were the early days of that culture and people like Saville got away with it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here