Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conway

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
We may not need him when our injury list is reduced, but IN MY OPINION he's a very good stand-in. He is certainly up to Championship standard.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Obviously good enough. Scottish international and played a big part for Cardiff last year. He started off slow for us, but is improving.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Feel sorry for Solly March. Had a great pre-season, Lua Lua gets injured and Brighton bring in a Conway to replace him.
March hasn't been given a chance yet, doesn't look like he'll be going out on loan this season either.

Conway does a job, I feel he would have more impact if Ulloa was playing and hitting that six-yard box every time a cross was put in.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Ridiculous thread. He put in some good crosses and if Ulloa had been playing then who knows? Kept going, covered Ward, the boy did OK. For some reason he seems to be becoming the new Barnes.

Exactly. Two great runs in the second half.

Was excellent at Wigan too, worked his socks off, especially off the ball. Also set up Dave last week for the cross that led to our goal.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Ridiculous thread. He put in some good crosses and if Ulloa had been playing then who knows?

This is such a nonsense argument. Ulloa wasn't playing. I could ping balls into the box in my 6-a-side team and say 'well if Van Persie had been playing we would have scored". If his game is just hitting the ball into the box and hoping that there is a big strong striker in there to put the ball in the net then he isn't up to standard. This is Championship football, not Sunday League.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that is his game at all, he doesn't deserve some of the criticism be comes in for, but the whole "if Ulloa was playing" argument doesn't stack up. If Ronaldo was playing instead of Crofts then we probably would have scored a couple of our outside the box half chances.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He does not need to be consistent - someone needs to get on the end of his crosses. Leo would have been on the end of at least one of those. At least he knows how to cross, which is something that KLL needs to work on.

All of this is spot on, although I think it's a bit harsh to call him inconsistent. By the same token, I wouldn't call him consistent. He had a bad period in the second half of the first half, but those two crosses were great -- on a par with the two that Jake headed against Wigan in the second half last week

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Weird, random thread. I thought he did ok, esp. in the second half - nowhere near bad enough to justify this kind of drivel anyway.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Wow, two good balls in the second half makes him decent does it? Watch the game back and see how many times he gives the ball away and how he has no end product. His crossing is in the most part awful. Once 14th December has gone he will become one of those players who has been forgotten by the majority.

My worst loan signing jibe was made in jest at half-time but I doubt he will be in the starting eleven on Tues evening.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
To be fair, if you have only seen half a dozen games and have the memory of a brain-damaged Goldfish, then he could quite possibly be the worst
Considering I've attended over approx 150 Brighton games at the age of just 23. Also I've had the misfortune of us seeing Fleetwood, Robbie Savage and Paynter in the first team so have seen a dreadful number of awful loan players.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
IMO he is a real loan signing ie,he has helped us out during our serious injury crisis ,and he will leave ,so not much to get excited about save thanking him for helping us out.

Dec 29, 2011
Wow, two good balls in the second half makes him decent does it? Watch the game back and see how many times he gives the ball away and how he has no end product. His crossing is in the most part awful. Once 14th December has gone he will become one of those players who has been forgotten by the majority.

His crossing is good, but when we have 1 player in the box most of the time, what do you expect him to do? He gets regular crosses into dangerous areas, something I can't remember Buckley doing consistently for a good few months. He gives the ball away because he likes to take on players. Sometimes he doesn't get through, but if he does there's a very good chance he can set up a goal.
Second half, he dribbled past their defender in the box and got in a perfect across in the six yard box, if he hadn't completed the dribble would he have been shit? If Barnes had tapped the cross in would he have been good? It seems you're just thinking he's 'poor' because he doesn't score goals or assist much. The service is there, maybe we should blame the manager for lack of bodies in the box, or strikers for lack of movement?

I think he'll work well with Ulloa, hopefully we can see them play together at some point.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He's done ok for us and is by no means a bad loan signing. Can't see him staying beyond his loan though; Buckley back next week and KLL has been back running on grass since Monday.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Personally think he is poor but it is a game of opinions.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

My worst loan signing jibe was made in jest at half-time but I doubt he will be in the starting eleven on Tues evening.

Speaking as somebody who was there he made loads and loads of runs off the ball right in front of us in the second half but only a couple of times did the pass get played to him and on numerous occasions the pass to him went straight to a defender. I guess you cannot see this on TV

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Conway is league 1 at best....if you can't see this - i question your football knowledge.

control - average.
passing - average.
vision - woeful.
positioning - average.
crossing - above average....hence why he plays as a winger.
dribbling - woeful.
shooting - nobody knows as never had a shot.
tacking - nobody knows as never made a tackle.

Mackay obviously thought he was good enough, Garcia seems to think he is good enough.

Probably time to look at your own "knowledge".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here