Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Controversial Sanwiches

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I tried my Jack Russells new dinner the other night and it tasted exactly like a good corned beef. I wouldn’t try her fish ones but the beef one was lovely.

I have no idea what drove you to a dogfood dinner the other night (you know lockdown has been relaxed, aye ?). Sounds like a potentially interesting sandwich though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Having lived in Wigan briefly
Meat and Potato pies in a balm are a staple food source.
Sandwiches are my go to comfort food, I have slapped many a varied item in between two slabs of bread, such as..
Chinese
Pizza
Pork Pie
Any type of Pie to be honest

Noodles
Crisps
Chips
Curry
Fried Rice
Spanish Omelette
Yorkshire Pudding
Roast Potatoes & Parsnips
All with butter and mayo

When I was younger and fitting flooring I could burn off anything, however now I am office bound most of the time, it is all catching up with me.

I love a good sandwich

I think a pie sandwich is borderline heroic. I've never heard the like.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Peanut butter and jello (jam). I have always and will always refuse to eat an abomination.

Very keen on a crisp sandwich, though. White bread*, butter*, a smear of shippam's fish paste, and a layer of smokey bacon flavour crisps. Surf and turf :thumbsup:

Alas, *unavailable to me now owing told Old Man's dietary issues. :tantrum:

Did the crisps and fish paste tonight after reading this - was very good - nice tip gramps :thumbsup:

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
Fried egg, houmous and coleslaw, in a baguette.

Curry super noodles sandwich using cheap white sliced with lots of butter.

Strong cheddar cheese and peri peri sauce in a toasted sandwich.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
back in 1999 I was working out in ROmania, the food there wasn't brilliant where we were, particularly on the refinery where we were working for lunches. . .after a 4 week stint I had a long weekend at home and flew back on a Tuesday. . . . in My briefcase, carefully packed and sealed, I had 24 rashers of freshly cooked lean back bacon.

I got to site with a few loafs of bread, dumped them on the desk, flipped the catches on my briefcase and lifted the lid

Not sure I've ever seen such happy faces in a site office. . .gold bars wouldn't have raised as many eyebrows.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have no idea what drove you to a dogfood dinner the other night (you know lockdown has been relaxed, aye ?). Sounds like a potentially interesting sandwich though.

I only had a little taste on its own because I can’t eat bread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here