Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Contact Tracing App

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
BN1 is medium risk apparently. Will use the check-in app for the first time when I go to the Caxton for lunch.

I do not trust this government as far as I could throw it but this should be the first step towards getting a nationwide reporting system in place. I can however foresee low take-up and confusion reigning once people start getting notifications and not knowing what to do thereafter

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've just asked both Alexa and Siri whether the track and trace app will be listening to or monitoring me, and they both said no, so I'm in. :thumbsup:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Work is putting pressure on us to install it.

Not cool.

I reckon I can 'forget to do it' for a short while but may in the end have to research the cheapest burner phone that will take it for when I am at work.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Seems to have downloaded and be working OK. Wonder how many of those not dowloading it will be the same ones noisily criticising it/Boris etc when it doesn't work as well as it might....................:shrug:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I assume your employer is only thinking about the well-being of its employees rather than any nefarious reason.
Let's see the evidence of the benefits - then people can make a considered decision, not one they are forced into.

I follow all the Covid rules, by the way. I am also happy for a Total Lockdown 2 if that happens.

I am not happy to be forced to install this app, so need to find a way around it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Work is putting pressure on us to install it.

Not cool.

I reckon I can 'forget to do it' for a short while but may in the end have to research the cheapest burner phone that will take it for when I am at work.

I thought that the app was a voluntary one where you are free to decide whether to download or not, however many venues seem to be now saying that you will need to use this app to check in.

I can see a lot of issues, where people who don't have smart phones are turned away and told this is the only option.

No doubt this is a push by the Government to ensure that they can say how wonderful they are given so many people have downloaded the app.

If your phone is not a work one, can they force you to download

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I thought that the app was a voluntary one where you are free to decide whether to download or not, however many venues seem to be now saying that you will need to use this app to check in.

I can see a lot of issues, where people who don't have smart phones are turned away and told this is the only option.

No doubt this is a push by the Government to ensure that they can say how wonderful they are given so many people have downloaded the app.

If your phone is not a work one, can they force you to download

gov have required all venues to have QR code so people can scan in. its the usful purpose of the app, save people having to give details. there's no legal enforcment though, if a venue insists thats on them.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Let's see the evidence of the benefits - then people can make a considered decision, not one they are forced into.

I follow all the Covid rules, by the way. I am also happy for a Total Lockdown 2 if that happens.

I am not happy to be forced to install this app, so need to find a way around it.

You cant ask to see the benefits of it before you use it. The (possible) benefits depend on a very large number of us using it.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I am downloading it, I was weighing up whether I would for my own reasons but I decided to give it a shot and if I don’t like it, I’ll delete it. It’s everyone’s personal choice, people shouldn’t face questioning as to why you don’t want to download it, everyone has their own reasons.

I think it’s similar to the vaccine, it should be a personal choice that doesn’t require questioning if you choose not to have it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I am downloading it, I was weighing up whether I would for my own reasons but I decided to give it a shot and if I don’t like it, I’ll delete it. It’s everyone’s personal choice, people shouldn’t face questioning as to why you don’t want to download it, everyone has their own reasons.

I think it’s similar to the vaccine, it should be a personal choice that doesn’t require questioning if you choose not to have it.

Cheers Wiz for a sensible non judgemental post....toying with a thread with a poll on the vaccine..compulsory or voluntary ..bear pit or COVID board :whistle:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I assume your employer is only thinking about the well-being of its employees rather than any nefarious reason.
I don't.

They wangled tenuous "essential worker" status for us in the last lockdown, and forced us into work. Not really thinking about our well-being then.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Vaccines don't really work if a certain number of people don't choose to have it. Mumps is on the rise, despite being a disease we have the capability of eradicating because so many [.......] have chosen not to vaccinate their kids. Sometimes you have to help the [........].

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Vaccines don't really work if a certain number of people don't choose to have it. Mumps is on the rise, despite being a disease we have the capability of eradicating because so many [.......] have chosen not to vaccinate their kids. Sometimes you have to help the [........].

So what arere you saying people, should be forced to have a vaccine by law?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here