Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Constance Marten and Mark Gordon arrested in Brighton

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
From the bbc website report this evening ..might answer the question

“A missing persons investigation surrounding Ms Marten and Gordon - a convicted rapist and registered sex offender - began when their car was found alight near Bolton on 5 January.”
He was a kid when he offended . . . He served his time and was released . . . we don't know he's still a 'risk' any more than you or I . . . he might be a really nice guy. We Don't know.

There is something very dodgy going on granted, but just because someone offended 20 years ago isn't a reason.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
A highly disturbed and vulnerable women, coerced and manipulated by a convicted sex offender with the result of the death of an innocent baby.
Various organisations and authorities will no doubt be held to account when the full facts and details come out.

Mark Gordon, probably and quite rightly will not see the outside of prison ever again.
Guess you must be party to inside info huh?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
To be fair, that doesn't explain why they were on the run?
I might have this wrong (because I'm not privy to the intricacies of the law), but I think the issue was that the baby would have been taken in by social services because of his prior conviction.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
He was a kid when he offended . . . He served his time and was released . . . we don't know he's still a 'risk' any more than you or I . . . he might be a really nice guy. We Don't know.

There is something very dodgy going on granted, but just because someone offended 20 years ago isn't a reason.

Hmmmmm....maybe " something very dodgy going on ", but.......

Guilty of raping someone at 14 years old.....wow.

Spent 20 years inn prison for that.........must have been a pretty shocking and disturbing rape to spend that length of time behind bars.

I'm not aware that 20 years in prison from the age of 14 to 34 gives much of a chance of re-habilitation and may possibly have made his attitude of even more concern to the various authorities.

Just my thoughts , that's all.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

To be fair, that doesn't explain why they were on the run?
TB explains at #117.

He is a nonce on the Sex Offenders Register and social services would no doubt have removed the baby from them. So they ran.

RIP little one.

stewardxxx

Oct 7, 2008
Brighton

Spent 20 years inn prison for that.........must have been a pretty shocking and disturbing rape to spend that length of time behind bars.

I'm not aware that 20 years in prison from the age of 14 to 34 gives much of a chance of re-habilitation and may possibly have made his attitude of even more concern to the various authorities.

I just read This and the bloke is an absolute wrongun. It raises questions for me as to whether the US told us what he had done over there when deporting him and if so, did we do anything about it?

Reactions: cjd

stewardxxx

Oct 7, 2008
Brighton
It was known to all relevant parties.

He was a British citizen returning home, deported.
Thanks - and I assume that monitoring for further offending is something that joe public won't be privy to as it would be applied on a case-by-case basis.

I'm trying to not sound like a Karen - It is just such a horrific thing that evokes raw emotion

Reactions: cjd

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Because of the sex offenders record, the Social Services probably said they woul remove the baby from them.

It’s possible the baby died during childbirth as they had no medical care, and they just abandoned the body. It is still manslaughter through neglect even if that was the scenario.
All speculation at the moment.
Shame the mother wasn't taken into some sort of care BEFORE giving birth.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

20 years jailtime for a 14 year old rapist would indicate a very shocking and disturbing rape in the UK, but this was a black teenager in the American justice system. 60 years ago he may well have been lynched whether he committed the offence or not. You should not draw the same conclusion as you would if he was convicted in the UK. He may well be a wrong-un though.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
20 years jailtime for a 14 year old rapist would indicate a very shocking and disturbing rape in the UK, but this was a black teenager in the American justice system. 60 years ago he may well have been lynched whether he committed the offence or not. You should not draw the same conclusion as you would if he was convicted in the UK. He may well be a wrong-un though.
A mother revealed she was raped by Mark Gordon who told her "don't scream or I'll kill your kids".
He then walked into the woman's bedroom wielding hedge clippers and a kitchen knife and ordered her to undress.
With a pair of tights covering his face, Gordon sexually assaulted and raped the woman while her two children were asleep next door.
the woman, 64, was held captive by Gordon during the horror four-hour attack in 1989 - when he was just 14 years old.

Oh he is a wrong-un alright, and deserved 20 years, but you are right sadly in the UK he would have probably got 5 years.

stewardxxx

Oct 7, 2008
Brighton
A mother revealed she was raped by Mark Gordon who told her "don't scream or I'll kill your kids".
He then walked into the woman's bedroom wielding hedge clippers and a kitchen knife and ordered her to undress.
With a pair of tights covering his face, Gordon sexually assaulted and raped the woman while her two children were asleep next door.
the woman, 64, was held captive by Gordon during the horror four-hour attack in 1989 - when he was just 14 years old.

Oh he is a wrong-un alright, and deserved 20 years, but you are right sadly in the UK he would have probably got 5 years.
He also committed a violent burglary a month after the rape - 6 doors down from the person he raped.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There will doubtless be an array of mental health experts wheeled out to try and justify their actions, but truth is they were sly enough to evade capture for a long period of time. The wicked ****s were also in a position to have left that poor little mite somewhere warm and safe where he/she could have been found and cared for. Hard to advocate anything other than locking the ****s up and throwing away the key

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
There will doubtless be an array of mental health experts wheeled out to try and justify their actions, but truth is they were sly enough to evade capture for a long period of time. The wicked ****s were also in a position to have left that poor little mite somewhere warm and safe where he/she could have been found and cared for. Hard to advocate anything other than locking the ****s up and throwing away the key
And they had money. It doesn't bear thinking about. Their own baby.
So sad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here