[Albion] Conor Gallagher ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It’s a big yes from me.

He’s direct, not headless.

Not sure I understand why some here have commented that “aggression” is a negative for a midfielder. True, he picked up a fair few yellows and a red last season in a woeful Chelsea team but he’s not reckless per se.
He absolutely IS reckless. He arrives at EVERY challenge slightly late, and never, ever pulls out when he should, He's a complete liability.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A couple of years back when he was playing for Palace and we were very limited, Gallagher would have been a great signing. Now, he'd be a massive backward step.
Billy Gilmour and Undav were looking very underwhelming til a few moments ago. The player is in there and it would be a case of RDZ etc finding it again. That said, I don’t think it’ll happen.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He absolutely IS reckless. He arrives at EVERY challenge slightly late, and never, ever pulls out when he should, He's a complete liability.

Deliberately so imho. I noticed this when he played for WBA, I told my son that CG’s a dirty fecker. Reminds me of Luke Ayling and Mings in that respect, athleticism used to mask snide dangerous play.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
No problem. Unfortunately, the referees generally agree with me.

20/21 12 yellows
21/22 12 yellows
22/23 13 yellows and 1 red

Take your point to a degree but the first two seasons there, he’s got 12 yellows. I would suggest that’s about average for a centre mid - c/w Moises 10 yellows last season and Biss 10 yellows the season before. The outlier was Gallagher’s last season when he got a card every other game, however I would suggest that isn’t just down to him being totally reckless, but also he’s playing in a shit Chelsea team who were often overrun in midfield and he’s had to make “professional” fouls as well as he’s got frustrated and made daft challenges too.
He’s also still a young player and needs to grow up.
If (big if) he plays for us, then I would expect his card count to go down because a) we play a more possession based game, b) bit of RDZ love and he will feel better about himself and c) he will be a year older. Granted, he will never be a saint (no midfielders are), but I don’t think he’s reckless by nature.
Just my opinion of course and I totally respect yours too.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Gallagher / Colwill / plus £20m = Caicedo
That’s what I was just about to post. I’d be happy with that. Money is meaningless unless we have the players and I think those 2 players would be great plus a bit of cash to tuck in Tony’s top pocket.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Tbh I don’t really rate him but I am fully on the “Brighton know what they are doing” train, so in Tony, Paul and the rest I will trust.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
How about a 1980s Primary school assembly song?

To the tune of Give me joy in my heart (Sing Hosanna)

João Pedro, Enciso, Buonanotte
Caicedo, will not go , I pray
João Pedro, Enciso, Buonanotte
Playing football the De Zerbi way

Sing lallana, sing lallana,
Sing lallana to the King of kings!
Sing lallana, sing lallana,
Sing lallana
to the King.
My goodness, this might just be…perfection?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here