Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Connor Goldson

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Tell the top six that who have world class players sitting watching for 100k+ a week.

Apart from the fact we are not top 6 paying our players 100k a week - great point.

Arguero is not happy at being subbed and not starting each week and will be off in the summer. That’s more my point. Some players are happy to take the coin though.
I suspect CG just wants to play football....... he’s missed too much.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Apart from the fact we are not top 6 paying our players 100k a week - great point.

Arguero is not happy at being subbed and not starting each week and will be off in the summer. That’s more my point. Some players are happy to take the coin though.
I suspect CG just wants to play football....... he’s missed too much.

To be honest, I think, even the most over paid players really do want to play. It is a short career and when you're playing well it is a high you can't really better.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Few nice words on MOTD

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Play with 3 Centre backs..?

Astonishing performance considering length of time out and medical conditions.

I'm beginning to think along these lines.

Spoke to a Man Utd scout about Goldson two years ago and he said he knew about him but he was a bit old for their policy at 23ish. He's a really good player and pretty much the complete athlete. He could play the sweeper role (Mark Wright or Eric Dier, depending on your age).

He suis the premier league better than the championship too.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
To be honest, I think, even the most over paid players really do want to play. It is a short career and when you're playing well it is a high you can't really better.

I agree. When you’re in a match day squad for one of the big 6 you sort of have made it but if you don’t make the starting 11 often enough then it’s a tough call.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Easily MOM today. Sutter also looked good. March however had a stinker

Glad
I’m not the only one who noticed this - really off colour today.

Gross was superb today...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Realistically, Duffy didn’t play today due to a suspension (and at times has looked rather suspect this season). Goldson comes in and gets a deserved MOTM. Surely he now has the shirt until he either loses it through poor form or is suspended?

What message does it send to our players (and our young, promising ones) if they come in and perform excellently and they’re dropped for the next match? We’ve all seen the recent impact being dropped early season has had on March...
My guess is that Duffy will get back in. Remember, 18 months ago many of us were of the opinion that all we needed was a reliable 4th. choice CB to replace Greer, and were quite amazed (and indeed rather critical) of the club breaking its transfer record to get in a player to replace Goldson as first choice alongside Dunk. The management team thought different - and, to be fair, we haven't had much cause for complaint about that decision, have we?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sensational from CG today. PL debut and looked utterly composed throughout. Massive crunching tackle early on, amazing 60yd diagonal pass and otherwise barely put a foot wrong. Absolutely brilliant, so pleased for him.

March was our worst player by a distance

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
The fact that Dunk and Goldson are best friends off the pitch just makes that partnership even better.

For me, he keeps his place against Chelsea.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The fact that Dunk and Goldson are best friends off the pitch just makes that partnership even better.

For me, he keeps his place against Chelsea.

Very hard on him but I cannot see that happening although balls in the air, Duffy strength, are not one of Chelsea strengths. We will have to try to nullify Hazard, Morata and Willan on the ground. I think it will depend on how we can contain Fabregas and Konte in midfield and stop them getting balls through to the front men. A difficult job, but it is possible.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And the tosser sky commentator on the stream kept calling him Goldstone, I was getting an irritation rash.

Reminds me of that curb crawling former Luton manager who can't pronounce anyone's name, and yet has been thieving a living as a pundit for 20 years plus. Who TF is 'Shimbombo' for example?

Back to Goldstone, I was at the game and didn't realise what amazing passes he'd done till I saw MOTD (I had assumed at the time it was all Dunk - my eysight ain't all that). Yes, Conroy should keep the shirt for sure :thumbsup:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think everyone is getting a little carried away. Connor Goldson was certainly magnificent today but we were up against one of the feeblest teams I've seen this season, with many players missing through suspension and injury. Chelsea at Stamford Bridge are likely to be an entirely different proposition.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Duffy & Goldson for me would be first choice now, Dunk is still getting caught out (Richarlison header yesterday, when Dunk missed the ball), deflecting shots in by lunging frantically and missing them at the other end.

I always think Duffy may score for us, Dunk not so?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think everyone is getting a little carried away. Connor Goldson was certainly magnificent today but we were up against one of the feeblest teams I've seen this season, with many players missing through suspension and injury. Chelsea at Stamford Bridge are likely to be an entirely different proposition.

Exactly, now having not played for 9 months he's expected to play v Chelsea 3 days later.
CG is the first name on the team sheet v palace, not before.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He's so good with the ball and so mature. Really is Dunk mk2 and another great leader from all reports previously. I don't think we'd have a problem playing both together regularly just Duffy doesn't deserve to loose his place either.

It's very typical over the years for us to have had 3 or 4 great CBs and almost stifle the progress of some to clubs like Bournemouth's benefit. Dunk was himself quite often that 3rd choice but it's a much better position to be in than 4th. Let's see if he plays when Dunk gets his suspension at some point or if the Hun comes in.

Just a shame we've not been able to do the same with strikers!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here